• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Poll: Wife's gone... what to cook!?

What should I cook while the wife is away?

• Brisket flat

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Chicken wings

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Sausage

• Burgers

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Chuck roast

• Steak

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • All of the above - meat overdose!

Votes: 43 57.3%

• Total voters

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So the wife is driving down to Florida with the in-laws to help them move into their new home. I am all alone with several smokers :clap2::clap2: so what do I cook!!?

What say you brethren?

My wife has a narrow range of foods that she'll eat (compared to me at least!), so whenever she's away I'll take the opportunity to cook something that I enjoy that she wouldn't eat. If any of the poll selections fit that bill for you, then go for it!

My wife has a narrow range of foods that she'll eat (compared to me at least!), so whenever she's away I'll take the opportunity to cook something that I enjoy that she wouldn't eat. If any of the poll selections fit that bill for you, then go for it!

That would be BEEF for me.

My wife CANNOT eat beef for medical reasons. I figure I will def be doing a porterhouse with baked potato and mushrooms.

She doesn't like wings so that will be another night.

I love the idea of picking up a roast and just cutting off steaks as I get hungry!

That would be BEEF for me.

My wife CANNOT eat beef for medical reasons. I figure I will def be doing a porterhouse with baked potato and mushrooms.

She doesn't like wings so that will be another night.

I love the idea of picking up a roast and just cutting off steaks as I get hungry!

I would overload on beef then.

I have never had a chicken wing, not enough meat on them to make it worth it.

i voted brisket.

i'd cook whatever would take longest allowing me to consume vast amounts of alcamohol.:biggrin1:

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I know they don't have a ton of meat on them but you are missing out man. They are delicious!

How long is she going to be gone? I voted for All of the above - fill the cooker then fill the freezer!

She is gone tonight at midnight until next thursday... But I have to work Mon- Fri so no long cooks on those days.

She is gone tonight at midnight until next thursday... But I have to work Mon- Fri so no long cooks on those days.
Perfect... So save the Brisket and the Chuckie for the weekend - everything else is a quick cook!

How long is she going to be gone? I voted for All of the above - fill the cooker then fill the freezer!

I'm with LM! Cook them all and fill the freezer. :becky:

Yeah, that's why I don't like bacon...not enough meat in a strip of bacon to make it worth my while!:heh:

I no you are kidding, but at lest you can eat the whole piece of bacon and not throw half of it away.

Wings are awesome They may be small but you can eat a lot

Cook everything then fill the plate with something from each

Well it looks like the Brethren have spoken! I guess I will do some cooking this week!

:heh:

i would have to see "ribs" on that list to be eligible to vote.

Back