"Let's Smoke a Fatty" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Oct.26th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Let's Smoke a Fatty!"

E1E3D771-4E80-420A-89C9-00C104D751E3.jpg

This is Ronelle's Big Fat Tamale-Stuffed Christmas-Style Fatty from the 2018 "Forget the Cookies, Santa Wants a Fatty!" Throwdown.

As chosen by Texas Hogger for winning the "Peppers Wrapped in Bacon" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Texas Hogger said:
For the next throwdown:

"Lets Smoke a Fatty"

It can be nekkid or clothed in bacon. It can be stuffed with anything you want to put in it. Or you don't even have to stuff it at all.

All you have to do is start with a sausage log and smoke it.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/9 through Monday 10/26.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 10/26.

Click here to read the rules BEFORE entering BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
If someone wanted to get creative, they could enter 3 throwdowns all at once with a fatty and pulled beef topped pizza, for example...

No collage pictures allow. I tried that on the braised beef thread.

I’m assuming any ground meat. Pork, lamb, or beef or mixture. Rolled and smoked. Stuffed or not. Wrapped or not. Some form of log shape. Store bought or home ground allowed?

Moose?

I’m assuming any ground meat. Pork, lamb, or beef or mixture. Rolled and smoked. Stuffed or not. Wrapped or not. Some form of log shape. Store bought or home ground allowed?

Moose?

Who? :confused:

If someone wanted to get creative, they could enter 3 throwdowns all at once with a fatty and pulled beef topped pizza, for example...
Can I stuff a fatty with pulled beef and roll it in a pizza? :mod: :bolt:

Moose?

Texas Hogger said:
For the next throwdown:

"Lets Smoke a Fatty"

It can be nekkid or clothed in bacon. It can be stuffed with anything you want to put in it. Or you don't even have to stuff it at all.
Texas Hogger said:
All you have to do is start with a sausage log and smoke it.

It appears the fatty MUST be a sausage log. Homemade or store bought is fine.

It appears the fatty MUST be a sausage log. Homemade or store bought is fine.

Years ago I was a regular on the Basso forum and about once a month I used to post the question "What's an ABT?" :icon_devil

Richard I’m pretty sure I have seen this discussion as part of a TD before.

First.

DDEAFA42-86F3-438B-A678-07F56731393B.jpg

Second. Due to religious reasons, or regional laws you may not find pork everywhere. So. I believe the discussion in the past was any meat, ground, with spices added (thus sausage) then rolled to be a log, then smoked.

Was indeed a fatty.

Or if you prefer.

In their book, Ruhlman and Polcyn define sausage as "a combination of ingredients that are ground and then simply cooked or smoked in varying ways, with intriguing results."

I googled some stuff and most people may not remember the Cheech and Chong movies but apparently this is what the ole inter web thinks smoking a fatty is.

Those where kind funny movies

810cSs1IaHL.png

cheech_and_chong-615781.jpg

Just dont every Google "naked fatty"

Back