• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any way to know which pipe is which?

Bobsousley

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
3 grouped together, 1 off by itself... 3 together have 1 black, 2 grey pipes. Solo is grey...

Attachments

• 15613341305684175730358526841542.jpg
    15613341305684175730358526841542.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 207
Stop thinking 225 is the only temperature. Hot and diligent is the way to go. Salt and bitter melon on the turkey and just let it ride till the blood reads 12pm

Are these pipes in a backyard? Patio?

black is probably gas and the grey look like electrical conduit

Not much info but if they have some type of cord in them, those are electrician stubb outs. They go back to your circuit breaker box. They are for pulling wire later on a unfinished space.

You have me curious now, is that a future BBQ space?
I'd guess that if the black pipe is plastic that it is an ABS drain pipe. If you have an air compressor lightly blow some air down the others and have a friend see if air comes out another, guessing that one of the 2 gray conduits runs to the outlier single pipe and one runs to in or near your electrical breaker box.

black is probably gas and the grey look like electrical conduit

Not much info but if they have some type of cord in them, those are electrician stubb outs. They go back to your circuit breaker box. They are for pulling wire later on a unfinished space.

I would agree, the gray are electrical conduits. Possibly both high voltage or maybe 1) low voltage and 1) high voltage. The one by itself could be for a lighting circuit. If there are no strings in them, simply tie a pull string to a piece of Styrofoam, drop it in the pipe, and put a shop-vac on the other end.

As far as the black pipe, if it's metal it's probably gas as mentioned above. If it's black plastic, sometimes they are used to house flexible plastic (PEX) pipe which can be fed after everything is in place.

Couldn't you just ask the contractor?

Back