No blue smoke after one hour!?

khs282

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What could be the cause? Basket full of lump and apple, used about 10-12 briquettes to light it. After one hour at 245, still no blue smoke. Rain possible later so I want to get smokin sooner than later.
I did open all vents to crank up the temp. Hopefully that'll produce blue smoke quickly, then I can back it down when the ribs go on.
Thanks in advance for the help!

It's good. Put the meat on. You don't need visible smoke to smoke.

Wait... do you have thick white smoke or no smoke?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am reading this as you dont see smoke, is that correct? If you have a clean burning fire, you will get a light or invisible smoke. If you put your hand over the exhaust and count to 5 then smell your hand, (I know that is weird) you will still smell smoke.

If however you are saying that the white smoke hasnt turned thin blue, keep waiting. If that is a common problem, maybe you need to increase your airflow by enlarging or extending the exhaust?

Another problem, still nothing cookin' yet. Rain...Solution? When you have an extra umbrella laying around (thanks HyVee!) you set it up!
Good news is, with the rain came I slight breeze. Some is starting to thin out and lighten in color. Should be cooking shortly!

Attachments

• 20190623_152127_HDR.jpg
    20190623_152127_HDR.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 187
Some charcoal will white smoke most of the time - esp at lower Temps - as Long as it ain't Harsh - Smoke On....... sometimes its also steam/ moisture from the Meat........

I am reading this as you dont see smoke, is that correct? If you have a clean burning fire, you will get a light or invisible smoke. If you put your hand over the exhaust and count to 5 then smell your hand, (I know that is weird) you will still smell smoke.

If however you are saying that the white smoke hasnt turned thin blue, keep waiting. If that is a common problem, maybe you need to increase your airflow by enlarging or extending the exhaust?
^^^this. My insulated cabinet always runs a little dirty but once it smells good I start cooking. Run your fingers thru the exhaust. It will either smell like an ashtray or like bbq.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sometimes in damp conditions the exhaust will be white. happens alot in the winter

Back