MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Looking into a pellet pooper....

Soooo........Yoder, or Rec Tec? And why???
Backwoods Party G2, Backwoods Chubby G2, Weber OTG 22.5 (Homer series, RIP), Weber OTG 22.5, WSM 22.5, WSM 18.5, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe, Guru DX2 (X3), Insainly [B][I]Fast[/I][/B] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]RED[/COLOR][/I][/B] THERMOPEN MK4, Super, Duper [I][B]Fast[/B][/I] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED[/I][/B][/COLOR] THERMOPEN, Maverick 732,733, Weber S-330, Blackstone Flat Grill, Brinkman Electric Gourmet(X2) "The Twins"

Rick
Smokesignalsfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Before I give you my thoughts, What is your budget and what are you going to use it for? Backyard, comps? How do you want to cook with it? Grilling, Smoking? Both?

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Budget is not really an issue. Lol! Well, prefer not over 3G, but mainly backyard and smoke....
Backwoods Party G2, Backwoods Chubby G2, Weber OTG 22.5 (Homer series, RIP), Weber OTG 22.5, WSM 22.5, WSM 18.5, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe, Guru DX2 (X3), Insainly [B][I]Fast[/I][/B] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]RED[/COLOR][/I][/B] THERMOPEN MK4, Super, Duper [I][B]Fast[/B][/I] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED[/I][/B][/COLOR] THERMOPEN, Maverick 732,733, Weber S-330, Blackstone Flat Grill, Brinkman Electric Gourmet(X2) "The Twins"

Rick

Old 03-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Yoder cause they are downright sexy. You would never regret buying a YS-640. Esp sitting on a comp cart.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I'm happy with my Memphis Pro for both smoking and grilling.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokesignalsfromtx View Post
Budget is not really an issue. Lol! Well, prefer not over 3G, but mainly backyard and smoke....
Thanks... It makes a difference.

My preference is for Yoder as well. They are built like tanks and put out excellent food. There is nothing wrong with the RecTec, but head to head I would buy a Yoder.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #7
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Just get ready to buy a Yoder stick burner. Because of the quality Yoder puts out. I see that a stick burner is missing from your lineup. Esp since budget isn't an issue. LOL.

YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
lantern
is Blowin Smoke!

Built in the USA...built like a tank...money no problem? Yoder all day is my answer.
lantern is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineMaster View Post
Just get ready to buy a Yoder stick burner. Because of the quality Yoder puts out. I see that a stick burner is missing from your lineup. Esp since budget isn't an issue. LOL.
Actually, I just saw a Yoder Kingman for sale on Facebook and it is in Central Texas

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Yeah, I had a Bandara for years and recently passed it on to a friend. Was looking at the yoder Stockton, but couldn't figure out a way to get a 1100# smoker into the backyard. Never owned a water smoker, so I decided to start with the bws party g2. Love bws by the way. Maybe a new stick burner is in the near future as well.....?

Rick

Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Actually, I just saw a Yoder Kingman for sale on Facebook and it is in Central Texas
Really? I don't have fb. Any more details?

Rick

Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
Ron_L

Quote:
Really? I don't have fb. Any more details?
I don't know if he is a member here or not. Here is a picture.

He says it is 10 months old and he is asking $4100.

If you think you want more info send me a PM with your contact info and I can get it to him.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #13
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Yeah, I had a Bandara for years and recently passed it on to a friend. Was looking at the yoder Stockton, but couldn't figure out a way to get a 1100# smoker into the backyard. Never owned a water smoker, so I decided to start with the bws party g2. Love bws by the way. Maybe a new stick burner is in the near future as well.....?
LOL Bandera's are what started this site. But Bandera VS a Yoder stick burner is like comparing a Geo to a BMW. just my opinion.
Rec Tec or Yoder, Your picking from the best !! And yes, Backwoods Rock ! You gots good taste!

YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine

Old 03-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #14
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I agree 100% with this. A Yoder stickburner is in my future, just not as soon as I would like it to be.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
MossyMO
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Marty Owens

Wife and I have had a Yoder YS640 for a little over 2 years and have been very happy with it. GrillGrates over the burn pot and it is a steak searing machine!
Comparing price, warranty, cooking area size, gauge of materials used in the construction and high/low temp ranges to other brands the YS640 is a great choice.
MossyMO is offline   Reply With Quote