BBQ Brethren "Breakfast Sandwich" Throwdown

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Breakfast Sandwich"[/size]
Breakfastsandwich.jpg

Photo from poeticfood.blogspot.

...as chosen by BigButzBBQ, the winner of the Bacon Throwdown!

The entry must feature a breakfast sandwich with primary elements cooked over livefire:becky:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/17 through Sunday 9/26.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 9/26.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 9/27 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 10/1. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Legs Throwdown until Sunday night 9/19 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Satay Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
This should be a great theme. Don't forget to use livefire in creating your entry!

I am backpacking until Monday so I posted this early but as usual the throwdown officially starts Friday.

I know this is one of my favorite things to make, glad everyone else like the idea as well.

Heh Heh... ANOTHER Sammich TD for me to have a go at!

This one is gonna be real interesting.

(as are they all.)

Great idea, I was going to pick some kind of a breakfast theme if I had ever won a TD. :becky:

Guess I'll just keep collecting zero's! :laugh::laugh:

OK... I'll start this off. The first guy usually doesn't stand a chance, but here goes...

First, the part cooked over live fire...

A couple of beautiful, naked fatties cooked in Eggbert (Large BGE)...

PC280219.JPG

PC280220.JPG

With one of those I created this...

PC290227.JPG

Use this picture for the throwdown (unless i change my mind :-D)

Fatty Benedict Sandwich!

A toasted English muffin topped with a couple of slices of fatty, a poached egg, hollandaise sauce and a couple of slices of bacon. Served with crispy hashed browns with Hollandaise on top.

here are a couple of more pictures...

PC290230.JPG

PC290223.JPG

That looks amazing Ron - way to set the bar high from entry uno. I could hit that 24-7. I've never had hollandaise on a smoked fatty but I've got to try it.

Back