First cook for 200 results...

cyberstrategist

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many post about their results of a cook vs just getting information on how to do the cook properly, but here it goes...

This was a fundraiser car show that was to serve 400-600 total throughout the day between a couple food vendors, my team being one of them. We ended up with only about 150 TOTAL showing for the entire event all day. This was, of course, underwhelming. We planned for 200 sandwiched and ended up with about a 3rd of the crowd getting sandwiches over the other stands so from a percentage standpoint, we did good. Overall, though, we didn't make anything and actually lost when talking dollars.

Where we did win was, since this was our first event to setup and serve "200" was in the logistics and learning a bit more about what I did well and what I needed to improve on. So this was a good win from that perspective...

And, whatever you do, do not listen to the Sam's Culb bakery when they say you can stack you buns one pack on top of another. even with just going 2 deep, the bottom buns were getting crushed.

Thanks all for supporting in my endless questions :)

-Cyber

I think that's a cheap first learning experience.
Gonna say congratulations.
Any pics?

You could get job from this or customer for life.

I'm not sure how many post about their results of a cook vs just getting information on how to do the cook properly, but here it goes...

This was a fundraiser car show that was to serve 400-600 total throughout the day between a couple food vendors, my team being one of them. We ended up with only about 150 TOTAL showing for the entire event all day. This was, of course, underwhelming. We planned for 200 sandwiched and ended up with about a 3rd of the crowd getting sandwiches over the other stands so from a percentage standpoint, we did good. Overall, though, we didn't make anything and actually lost when talking dollars.

Where we did win was, since this was our first event to setup and serve "200" was in the logistics and learning a bit more about what I did well and what I needed to improve on. So this was a good win from that perspective...

And, whatever you do, do not listen to the Sam's Culb bakery when they say you can stack you buns one pack on top of another. even with just going 2 deep, the bottom buns were getting crushed.

Thanks all for supporting in my endless questions :)

-Cyber

What was the car show?

Back