Obligatory "First cook with my new cooker" post

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I got my FEC loaded up this morning with butts for several functions at my church. Wow do I love this thing. I will always enjoy using my stickburner - but cooking with this thing allowed me to start my smoker and see my kids off to school. It doesn't get better than that!

So, here's the pic. Sure, you've seen a thousand pics of the interior of an FEC with 8 butts or more - but this one is mine :becky:

DSC01327.jpg

Last edited:
Stickburning is fun but there's something really nice about throwing your food in and then having time for everything else.

Enjoy!

How many pounds?

looks like 8-10 pounds each? and let us know it goes ok man?

Here's a close-up of the pork ready for the foil (probably shouldn't have even bothered with foil but old habits die hard!)

DSC01328.jpg

OMG.... that looks INCREDIBLE. I love the deep red color... What church was that again? I think I need to convert! :hungry:

Sure, you've seen a thousand pics of the interior of an FEC with 8 butts or more - but this one is mine :becky:

Monty, I have not seen "thousand pics of the interior of an FEC with 8 butts or more." Please keep posting as many pics of your FEC as possible. I am very intersted in seeing any and all pics of your cooks on it.

Nice! Congrats on the new cooker. Any cooker that makes great que plus gives you more time with family and friends rather than baby sitting the cooker is a great thing.

Back