/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

My daughter is coming with me now. She is 12. I'm coming out around 10 in the morning to setup camp and do some fishing.I'll come back and pick her up from school and come back to the campsite. I'm going to get a tent spot by the pavilion we are using on Saturday.

I'm cooking borracho beans right now. So all I'll need to do Saturday is warm them up in a smoker. I'm also doing a few racks of spares. I'll have my UDS with me. I'm really looking forward to this.

Getting this party started! Mac and I drove down to Tampa to stay near the airport for an early flight in the morning. Nearest restaurant

HOOTERS:clap2:

Okay, what is being considered the "main meal" on Saturday of this bash? Is it lunch? Is it dinner? Is it all of the above?

CD

I'm voting for lunch as the main meal! That way there is still food for late eaters instead of early eaters getting none of the main meal.

Butts n Briskets done by lunch? :confused:

I figured a 5:00-5:30-6:00 or so Dinner as main meal so ppl can have all day to cook...?

But then it's a Bash so 2 Main Meals! Lunch and Dinner! :mrgreen:

Butts n Briskets done by lunch? :confused:

I figured a 5:00-5:30-6:00 or so Dinner as main meal so ppl can have all day to cook...?

We're hoping to be there 0930-100 Saturday so Totally Basted should have some chicken & sausage ready for lunch & i'll have some pig shots (probably) done but the brisket I'm doing won't be ready until dinner.

So the Rib Guys - some do lunch and some do dinner........:heh:

I'll probally have one Spam done for Lunch then another for Dinner :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I think we are gonna have a ton of food for lunch and dinner....

1D52A624-8DB5-4296-B82E-69B0018634F4.jpg

FC96BCFD-028B-4380-80FF-A94A20EBC2BB.jpg

551FBB33-C4BF-4010-90E7-9540B5B8B4A6.jpg

Add eggs & butter on Saturday, dump into crust-dough-lined pie pan, and bake!

I'm thinking there is no way to do low and slow by lunch, unless you are one of those weird-arse people who get up before dawn -- or before noon, on a weekend.

BTW, I'm going to the liker store tomorrow. Do we already have the traditional brethren bash bottle of Cabo?

CD

I'm thinking there is no way to do low and slow by lunch, unless you are one of those weird-arse people who get up before dawn -- or before noon, on a weekend.

BTW, I'm going to the liker store tomorrow. Do we already have the traditional brethren bash bottle of Cabo?

CD
Charles (frognot) has accepted that responsibility...

I'm shooting to be out there before 10 a.m. I'm cooking a turkey and a couple of racks of baby backs. Looking forward to it.

I am SOOOOOO ready for this.

Just gotta load up the food cooler and get some ice before the FIL gets here to load up his truck and trailer.

Okay, what is being considered the "main meal" on Saturday of this bash? Is it lunch? Is it dinner? Is it all of the above?

Embrace your inner hobbit!

funy-The-Hobbit-meals-timetable.jpg

CD

First thing purchased.

Been informed I'm headed out of town (work), unfortunately I'll have to cancel this time around.

I'll have ribs ready for lunch and should have brisket ready sometime between lunch and dinner.

Back