Pork Steaks on the RT 590

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
IGA had butts on sale the other week for .99# so got one cut up into pork steaks. Watched a Malcom Reed video where he wrapped them like ribs while cooking.

Put them on the 590 on extreme smoke for 45 min. Put them at 275* for another 35 min. They were at 140* so decided to wrap. Put butter and honey inside the foil with each Pork Steak. Once wrapped cut the cooker up to 300*. Cooked until 190ish* and glazed them and back to the cooker for about 10 min. Wife's 2 had an AP rub did one of mine with MC Holy Voodoo and the other with Killer Hogs BBQ rub. They were melt in your mouth tender and so flavorful. The Mrs.. cooked some macaroni and green limas and there was some good eating going down.. Wife never liked pork steaks, but she has changed her mind. Thanks for looking.
d2a8bddf0c0dc333fc9a9140bfeff0e9.jpg
4aa581bb594d010663c647c5af97190d.jpg
b0ad52e5d752c84dbf595311b3c8b102.jpg

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Slap yo momma those looks delicious!

Question is, which rub was the best? Or could you even really tell?

Slap yo momma those looks delicious!

Question is, which rub was the best? Or could you even really tell?

I think the Killer Hogs probably stood out a little more, but both were awesome. I would definitely pick the Killer Hogs BBQ Rub if I had to choose between the two in general.

You gotta love it when you change somones opinion of a dish/item by your cooking. Now you are gonna get to PS more often.

Everything looks delish steaks,macncheese and the beans!

That truly looks like a southern dinner. I would be proud to sit down to that! Nicely done.

Good work on them pork steaks, neighbor!

I, too, have an affinity for the neon orange mac.

Pat, we get home made mac n cheese at the rest of the family but as for my 3 we love some of that boxed stuff haha.

Looks delicious, I need to try those out some time, I’ve never had a pork steak before.

They are soooo good. If you get the fat rendered it's like meat candy. Similar to how good brisket fat will melt in your mouth

Joedy, All Right, All Right, All Right!!!!!!!
Man, Those look absolutely Killer!!!

Ah Yes, the Bride is going to Disney this weekend, guess what I am having!!!!

Yes sir...share those pics and let me know what you decide to do with them.
You gotta love it when you change somones opinion of a dish/item by your cooking. Now you are gonna get to PS more often.

Everything looks delish steaks,macncheese and the beans!

This was my favorite thing about the cook. Now it's another meal I get to make on the smoker...win for me!

Back