Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BBQ'Loo and Blues, Too!--Waterloo, IA

I'll be up there to judge W'loo & La Porte. Are you cooking both?

We're officially thinking about it :) I know we can't do both 'Loo and laPorte since my wife already knows that she has to work on that Sunday.

We will be doing the double that weekend as well after a couple of weeks off. Looking forward to the challenge.

In filling out my forms for these two comps I noticed something that kind of frustrated me. Both of them wanted to charge me $25 for electricity. I would have no problem doing this if I was rolling in with my Class A RV and powering my AC, fridge, lights, 52" Plasma, Satellite etc etc, but we need one 120v outlet to power one light, our radio, and computer--we seriously probably use $2 worth of electricity during the weekend, maybe. I thought about calling the organizers to see if they can work with me, but don't want to sound like that guy, you know, that guy. Instead I thought I would just get on here and rant.

Okay, just wanted to get that off my chest, I'll shut up now.:icon_shy

Ryan. get used it it - $25 is pretty much the norm for comps that are not in RV parks or hardwired for electrical in various parking spaces. While you may only use $2 of electricity, an electrician often needs to set electrical up prior to comps and then be on hand to make sure everything is working right.

Oh, we'll be at both. I see both checks have been cashed (I'd like to thank Anne for sending the Q'lossal checks out quickly to cover it)

Team N2Que will be there and should be doing like Wacoma the next week end after that i think it is.

Ryan. get used it it - $25 is pretty much the norm for comps that are not in RV parks or hardwired for electrical in various parking spaces. While you may only use $2 of electricity, an electrician often needs to set electrical up prior to comps and then be on hand to make sure everything is working right.

Oh, we'll be at both. I see both checks have been cashed (I'd like to thank Anne for sending the Q'lossal checks out quickly to cover it)

You're right and I see your point regarding the electrician setting things up and being on hand. I guess all I was trying to say is that the amount of power we use compared to teams with big rigs and ac is not even close. I have no problem paying for the privilege of the miracle of harnessed electricity, but was thinking that with my setup am getting less "bang for my buck". I will be getting a trailer soon with ac so the point is moot, but I wrote that this morning before drinking my coffee.:wink:

Look forward to seeing you guys there though and sharing a T-Ryesickle. We changed our schedule from Watertown, MN to these, because we heard it was a great weekend.

Oh, that reminds me. For those that have done this before or may have heard, I heard that for the teams that do both there is only 1 meat inspection. Is there also only one team meeting and we get all 8+ boxes at once? That would be awesome.

There is meat inspection and cooks meeting at each contest. Different reps too. See the other thread about power and both contest.

According to KCBS's site Mike and Theresa Lake are reps at both.

According to KCBS's site Mike and Theresa Lake are reps at both.
I just saw that and if I recall was that way last year too now that I think about it. But we still had meat inspections and cook meetings at both.

There is no way that Mike would only do one meat inspection. Guaranteed there will be 2 and also 2 cooks meetings. My guess is the cooks meeting at LaPorte will be later too.

I paid for electric and will be a hog in my RV! I mean, if you have AC, you might as well use it, right? I'll have a frozen Clonesicle too.

There is no way that Mike would only do one meat inspection. Guaranteed there will be 2 and also 2 cooks meetings. My guess is the cooks meeting at LaPorte will be later too.

I paid for electric and will be a hog in my RV! I mean, if you have AC, you might as well use it, right? I'll have a frozen Clonesicle too.

Yeah it did seem too good to be true. My wife (aka box guru) has a function in Des Moines Saturday night. She said that she would drive down to DSM that night and come back up Sunday morning, but I was hoping to save her the drive.

I didn't know that you were coming over for these Scottie. I will look forward to meeting you. Hopefully by then we will have some AC too as I am sure it will be "Iowa hot" by then--much like it is this week.

The good thing is, LaPorte has a lot of tree coverage over the park so nearly every space is in the shade.

Back