Good eats in Oklahoma City?

bproffer

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am going to be in Oklahoma City on May 10 through the 14th and I would like to know if there is any good BBQ places you would recommend. I have heard Cattlemen's Steakhouse is great for a steak, but are there any good BBQ joints?

Mods, If this is the wrong forum for this, please feel free to move it! Thanks![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]

I do NOT recoomend Earl's Rib Palace, tried it last time; not so good. However, you must have a burger at Nic's Grill, 1201 N Pennsylvania Ave Oklahoma City... don't bother trying to call, they take the phone off the hook... Only open M-F 8am-2pm, be prepared to wait in line... YES IT IS THAT GOOD!!! :thumb:

Nothing "great".

The Q places I go, I tend to go with company people only when they're in town, I don't go out to eat Q I tend to eat the other food types.

You'll have the locals send you to Earl's, and like most places, it depends on when you go. Avoid Rib Crib, they're just a chain.

Swadley's can be good on some days, others... well it's not so good. I like their Brisket and sweet beans.

I'm no huge fan of Cattleman's, it's a "rep" place like Rendezvous in memphis. Everyone knows about it. I know the owners and it's a place to go, but not the best.

There are a couple of smaller places, but I haven't been back in a while.

My favorite is in Norman (20 miles south of OKC) and it's Van's Pig Stand.

Bricktown has some good food, and Bricktown Burgers for lunch is awesome.

New Gastropub has high reviews for food and beer and I'm headed there.

County Line is a regional chain that's okay, but more of a Rep place.

Russ

Depending on what part of town you gonna be...Jacks BBQ is good..and follow Russ advice Earls really sucks...Brick town is always good...I tried the Vans in Shawnee and the ribs where good too place fills up quick during lunch...Cattlemens if over rated..

Back