Smoker Trailer Insurance

add on to my geico auto insurance. Was real inexpensive.

Nobody in their right mind would want my trailer, I'm safe :lol:

I'll take your trailer rub if the Stumps comes with it.

Nobody in their right mind would want my trailer, I'm safe :lol:

Rub--you need insurance!
Especially if your MOJO for winning goes with the trailer! :oops:

I tried to buy your trailer for 2 years!
If you had insurance, I could just have stole it and you would have been paid :grin::grin:

Wound up building my own.
I am insured under auto AND homeowners policy since I am totally non-commercial.
USAA rocks!

TIM

state farm did all of mine

trailer 140.00 an year
and catering insurance 300.00 an year
just mailed it off monday

york

Rub--you need insurance!
Especially if your MOJO for winning goes with the trailer! :oops:

I tried to buy your trailer for 2 years!
If you had insurance, I could just have stole it and you would have been paid :grin::grin:

Wound up building my own.
I am insured under auto AND homeowners policy since I am totally non-commercial.
USAA rocks!

TIM

Really? I got a quote from my insurance folks and haven't thought about it since. I'm covered under auto for a collision but don't think I'm covered if a tree falls on the trailer in the driveway. Either way, it's a small trailer and is replaceable for less than I'd have to pay in insurance over a couple years plus deductible.

Trailers and pits should be covered under your homeowners insurance as personal property and would be subject to whatever your homeowners deductible is. You could schedule them for extra premium and increase the covered perils and lower the deductible. You would need to add your trailer to your auto or a sperate policy of its own for physical damage while it is being towed, the laibility extends from the vehicle pulling it. Once you start using them and transporting them for profit you need a commercial policy. That my understanding of it, please correct me if I have been mislead.

While parked, it's covered under my home owners, I did just add it to my auto but haven't gotten the quote yet...

Sounds like you are asking about a towable smoker.

For anyone courious about a cargo, they are dirt cheap to insure. I pay $19 every 6 months for my 6x12, that covers accident, theft, storm damage, etc. And the contents are covered by homeowners regardless if it's in the driveway or somewhere else.

state farm did all of mine

trailer 140.00 an year
and catering insurance 300.00 an year
just mailed it off monday

york

I had State Farm, and they wouldn't insure mine because it had an apparatus with a burner installed on it, no exceptions according to my agent.
I had to transfer all my insurance to Farmers, and tag the cooker trailer onto my expedition. I'd had State Farm for 20 plus years.

Back