• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any Slap Yo Daddy fans around?

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Never tried this rub before today.

20130217_161010_zps1e24dd6c.jpg

Dusted some chicken tenders up an hour ago.

Looks good. Smells great.

20130217_161000_zpsef5afa8a.jpg

Firing up the coals in a minute.

Do not have that one.I do have one called Slap Ya Mama.Cajun seasoning from Ville Platte,LA.

I've not tried the meat rub but just did a cook with the chicken rub... LOVED it. :becky:

I live about a mile or 2 from his place here in So-Cal, I'm tempted to see if he'll sell out of his house :) I want to do his BBQ class but it's a lil pricey for me right now

I live about a mile or 2 from his place here in So-Cal, I'm tempted to see if he'll sell out of his house :) I want to do his BBQ class but it's a lil pricey for me right now

Check his site for catering info, he's always cooking extra.

I goofed when I ordered it....didn't realize this was not a chicken-specific rub.

It had a really nice flavor and a nice bit of heat. The sauce really complemented it.

20130217_194857_zps496754ca.jpg

20130217_194059_zps3e7a8b2f.jpg

I guess I might if he was still alive. Lol

Wait, are you talking about the BBQ guy?

I took his class last year and we learned how to make an all around rub with most of what's in there, with the exception of the preservitives.

If you go to his website (slap yo daddy) he has a section for giveaways and he has classes on there from time to time (unsure if he has one now or not) well worth my time to attend his class.

I took his class last year and we learned how to make an all around rub with most of what's in there, with the exception of the preservitives.

If you go to his website (slap yo daddy) he has a section for giveaways and he has classes on there from time to time (unsure if he has one now or not) well worth my time to attend his class.

Cool username, 1911Ron.

I'm a big fan of the platform.

A Commander and pair of Gold Cup Trophy (blue and stainless) comprise my stable. I'm wanting a Rail Gun at some point, too.

I'll bet that Slap Yo Daddy class was fun.

Might be the cheapest BBQ class out there right now.

I have tried the regular Slap yo Daddy Rub and I enjoyed it very much but I thought it could have a little heat to it – looks like you covered that base. For a mass produced rub I thought it had a certain complexity to it – there was a lot going on taste wise. I also liked the color once it set.

It went real well on everything I tried it on and I liked it very much on smoked sausage.

Back