• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Apple Pie Moonshine Chops

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I blame this on Brethren Militant83. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151168 :grin:

Someone left a few jars of apple pie moonshine here during deer season. It's too strong for me to drink so I'm using Militant's suggestion and cooking with it. :grin:

I gave a couple of chops the "quick" cure with a sprinkle of Tenderquick...

036_zpse6271f5f.jpg

let them chill for one hour...

039_zpsef80d0da.jpg

rinsed the cure off and seasoned a bit with pepper...

041_zps61552723.jpg

the evil apple pie..

048_zps8c7093fe.jpg

I made a basting sauce with the apple pie, honey and cayenne..

050_zpse951c12b.jpg

grilled and basted...

052_zpsb79631b6.jpg

062_zps68153820.jpg

073_zps1d06ad71.jpg

fried up a few green tomatoes... (I can green tomatoes for frying during the winter.)

075_zps172d6a48.jpg

087_zpsc0f98002.jpg

made some skillet corn...bacon, scallions, garlic, butter, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, fried in bacon drippings.

099_zps7688ac35.jpg

then made a sauce with more apple pie moonshine, chicken stock, scallions, apples, honey, salt and cornstarch..

155_zps29ea2414.jpg

157_zps8845f567.jpg

162_zpsfe6146d1.jpg

It turned out better than I thought it would! lol

Now I know what to do with these jars of booze. :mrgreen:
Thanks Militant! :thumb:

Thanks for looking!

Outstanding dinner. I like the use of the Hootch.......but it really needs to be served over the rocks........:becky:

Your welcome..... Looks like a great meal. I will be doing a apple pie marinated pork loin tomorrow... Thread i follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! And it looks like the pork chops were on good behavior even after the 'shine. :thumb:

Thanks everybody!!
Bluesman, I've not tried in on the rocks, my friends drink it hot out of the jar. Maybe that's why I can't handle it. :grin:

Great idea to use the shine as a marinade.. I'll watch for your post Militant

Thanks Chef Country, nice to see you posting again!.

Thanks Greg! :mrgreen:

Wow, just Wow

Intoxicating, sweet and a bit of heat...... Your'e absolutely wonderful cowgirl!

Oh yeah and the pork pics and recipe looks good too!

Lookin' good Jeanie, now that's a plate I could sink my teeth into. :thumb: (the food not the actual plate obviously) :wink:

Jeanie, you weren't buzzing after eating that were you?:wink:

Food looks really good, sweetie! Throw that hooch in the freezer. It's gooood ice cold!

Looks MITEETASTEE! Smooth move on canning those green maters to fry in the wintertime.:clap: I was in Kroger the other day and they had a pack of 4 medium sized green tomatoes for $5.99:crazy:

I was going to come in here and harass you for cooking with the shine and not sending it to kansas. Then I saw the end product and wow that looks great! Especially the fried green tomato.

Thanks everybody!

K80Shooter..Thanks! :grin:

Jeanie, you weren't buzzing after eating that were you?:wink:

Food looks really good, sweetie! Throw that hooch in the freezer. It's gooood ice cold!

Thanks Pat, no buzz. :mrgreen: I'll try the freezer idea...thanks again!

Jeanie--

One more thread that shows why you are a BBQ Goddess :clap2:

TIM
Tim you're sweet... thanks! :grin:

Looks MITEETASTEE! Smooth move on canning those green maters to fry in the wintertime.:clap: I was in Kroger the other day and they had a pack of 4 medium sized green tomatoes for $5.99:crazy:

Thank you Hoss, That's a crazy price!

I was going to come in here and harass you for cooking with the shine and not sending it to kansas. Then I saw the end product and wow that looks great! Especially the fried green tomato.

lol Thanks for not harassing me. I would have gladly sent this shine to you. :grin:

As always a great looking meal. Be careful cooking with that Shine, it might explode on ya!!

Thanks firefighter! I had that in mind. Definately some powerful stuff. I was prepared for anything. lol

Back