• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS vs RD

FWIW I got my RD card today. I called and they said all you need is a business license. ANY business. you do NOT need to be in the food industry. I didn't believe her but I went with my county license ( non food service) and walked out with a card.

So if you are self employed or you are on good terms with your boss and he will let you bring a copy of his license you can get a card.

Your best bet would be to call the KCBS office and ask that question since they are handling the matter.

I thought the point was that if you were a KCBS member, but not necessarily a business, you can get a card as a benefit of being a member....
Anyone can go if they have a business license, can't they?

The RD here in Mesa let's me in with a visitor's pass when I announce my KCBS membership. According to the CSR I spoke with they have been told not to issue cards to individual members but to allow all members access via daily passes.

You require a tax id in texas. Then you must file quaterly sales tax. It's no big deal and does not cost money, just a few minutes.

If you know someone who has one, have them "sponsor" you. Does not cost anything and does not affect the sponsor in any way as items must be paid for prior to leaving.

Back