Reverse sear ribeyes

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Went to the store and foudn these bad boys and I couldn't pass them up.
ttzpuEd.jpg

Loaded up the chimney with half pecan wood and half new cowboy lump. Also had to enjoy some wine. My neighbor came out and asked me what I was cooking because something smelled sweet. I told her it was the pecan wood.
DnTwyET.jpg

Made a simple salad and some baked potatoes on the grill. This is plated up. I used some Big Butz Cow Pow.
6wz2mFE.jpg

I alsmost forgot to take a picture of the med rare steak all the way through. My phone camera makes it look more medium/medium well, but it was definitely med rare. Some of the Noble Vines Pinot Noir. I ended up finishing the bottle, it paired really well with the steak.
P1KPHAm.jpg

It definitely did not suck.
lD0DxkR.jpg

Looks awesome! One question, do you always eat your steaks into rectangles?

Now that I think about it, I actually do eat them into rectangles. :caked: I dunno why, it just happens.

And no steaks left. The 2 other steaks my roommates had, both like them medium well, and I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the travesty!

Beauty of a monster steak! I see you have your priorities straight, meat over potatoes!

Nice job. Did you 2 zone on the Weber? How long on the cool side and about what was the distance between the grill and coals during the sear?

Nice job. Did you 2 zone on the Weber? How long on the cool side and about what was the distance between the grill and coals during the sear?

I have the charcoal baskets for the one touch gold. I think i did about 15-20mins on the low side and then 1-2mins on right over the coals. The charcoal basket was all the way on one side of the kettle while the steaks were on the complete opposite side.

Those were beautiful looking ribeyes. I would of refused to cook 'em med well. Hand 'em out med rare and let them destroy their own meat.

The steaks look great. And the cooked piece looks spot on. :drama:BUT I am surprised that you thought a Pinot went well with it - I would have thought a gutsy McClaren Vale Shiraz wold be far better suited.:grin::grin::grin:
John

The steaks look great. And the cooked piece looks spot on. :drama:BUT I am surprised that you thought a Pinot went well with it - I would have thought a gutsy McClaren Vale Shiraz wold be far better suited.:grin::grin::grin:
John

A shiraz would of went well with it, but I didn't have any Shiraz in the wine supply!

Been doing the reverse sear on anything up to and over 3/4" thick and have never gone back. SO JUICY!!!

Back