First Rack of Lamb

B

Buster Dog BBQ

Trying to cook something new to me each week. Tonight it was rack of lamb. Just a one lb'er from Costco. Trimmed the fat and hit with Dizzy Pig Reg Eye Express. Bones covered in foil to not burn.

Seared on mini egg at 550 for 2-3 min side then onto the large bge indirect for about another 10 min until 130 internally. Foiled to rest another 10 min. I really enjoyed these.

rack_2.jpg

rack_3.jpg

rack_5.jpg

I haven't had breakfast yet and that lamb has got my stomach growlin'. Good job!

Lamb popsicles are the best. I usually mix some chicken stock, pepper jelly, fresh jalepenos, and tons of fresh mint to make a nice dipping sauce for them. I just wish they weren't so expensive. Yours look great, perfect medium rare.

I just wish they weren't so expensive. Yours look great, perfect medium rare.
I agree. That's been my main reason for not doing before now. This rack was $10. The difference between this and a steak for same price is most can cook a steak whereas the lamb, you don't get much forgiveness it seems.

Great looking lamb.. looks perfect from here! :cool:

The cost is why I used them more as appetizers, or when I am feeding a date and not for normal main course use.

BUSTER Dog BBQ!

Congratulations on your Frenched Lollipop Rack of Lamb.

You're the 14th Winner of SmokinAussies ALF Tick of approval!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

It's very easy to overcook a small rack like that. I can see this has been done to perfection.

Congrats Buster Dog BBQ!

Cheers!

Bill

Back