BBQ Brethren "It Came from the Sea" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"It Came from the Sea!"[/size]
61pXeQcILYL.jpg

Don't worry honey, calamari is good

...as chosen by Al Czervik, the winner of the Tenderloin Throwdown!

Al had some special rules as well...
Al Czervik said:
It's been awhile since we've done anything aquatic so I figured this would be fun... No super special rules except that the main dish ingredient(s) has to come from water, either salt or fresh, and has to be grilled or smoked... The three required shots are in raw form, on the grill and on the plate. That's it... :becky:

Now go get some sea monsters and cook 'em!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/28 through Sunday 11/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 11/6.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 11/7 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 11/12. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Fast Food Throwdown until Sunday night 10/30 by midnight Central time.

aOur next category will be decided by the winner of the Mas Sized Meat Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

This sounds like fun, I've never cooked a Blue Ray Disc before. :shocked:

Too bad I've already played out Spam of the sea. :heh:

I'm going to have to miss this throwdown. My biggest camping trip of the year starts Thursday, and I have a lot to do.

Dallas being the seafood Mecca that it is, I'm going to miss doing a seafood throwdown. Smoked carp from the Trinity River would be tough to beat. :becky:

CD

:icon_sick Now that's just nasty. I used to live in Arlington.

Here in Texas, we don't let no tree-huggin' liverals keep us from eatin' fish grown in chemical and sewage tainted rivers, if that's what you can afford to eat. If you have enough money, you don't have to eat that chit.

CD

Originally Posted by Al Czervik
It's been awhile since we've done anything aquatic so I figured this would be fun... No super special rules except that the main dish ingredient(s) has to come from water, either salt or fresh, and has to be grilled or smoked... The three required shots are in raw form, on the grill and on the plate. That's it...

Okay, I am confused again with these special rules. Doesn't everything come from water? I mean, water covers 70% of the planet's surface. All living things rely on water. We search other planets for the signs of water as it is the key to survival. After 4.5 days on top of a mountain, water (or the lack there of) was the most important thing to me. It seems pretty obvious that everything is dependent and therefore "comes" from water. Hell, according to the liverals, everything came from the primordial ooze...water!

Thus, cook away with your turkeys, bison, veliciraptors, eggplants, potatos, pterodactyls or even algea :becky:

Actually...didn't they recently discover some silicon based life-forms living in pools of ammonia...or something like that? Or was that just one of those cheap late night movies on the Sci-Fi channel?

Hmm, not really sure. However, according to the special rules, those organisms would definitely not qualify and earn a DQ.

^^^Hey Gore, notice how I made it so everything on the planet could be entered without risk of a DQ and all of the sudden the all powerful ruler of the TD's climbed upon his thrown of horns and found a way for you to be cast out once again!

^^^Hey Gore, notice how I made it so everything on the planet could be entered without risk of a DQ and all of the sudden the all powerful ruler of the TD's climbed upon his thrown of horns and found a way for you to be cast out once again!

Thanks for your efforts, Brad! I don't think I'd be able to find those silicon-based life-forms and a decent recipe in the time remaining, so we're still good. :thumb:

Here in Texas, we don't let no tree-huggin' liverals keep us from eatin' fish grown in chemical and sewage tainted rivers, if that's what you can afford to eat. If you have enough money, you don't have to eat that chit.

CD

It's not the chemical and sewage tainted water that bothers me...but carp? The trinity has some nice bass in it. BTW, I'm originally from Zapata, down river from Laredo. Mom still lives in Maybank near Gun Barrel City and little brother lives in Corpus Christi on Flour Bluff. I moved to WV years ago so the wife could be closer to her family, but I make it back home every now and then. :thumb:

Okay, I am confused again with these special rules. Doesn't everything come from water? I mean, water covers 70% of the planet's surface. All living things rely on water. We search other planets for the signs of water as it is the key to survival. After 4.5 days on top of a mountain, water (or the lack there of) was the most important thing to me. It seems pretty obvious that everything is dependent and therefore "comes" from water. Hell, according to the liverals, everything came from the primordial ooze...water!

:doh:

I guess I should have seen this coming... To clarify, the creature must live, breath, eat, sleep, chit, fark and spend at least 95% of it's existence on our planet under the surface of H20...

Ok, who's next?

Back