freezing

C

chathorne

anybody ever tried marinating befor freezing
and just freezing the meat in the marinade ?

maybe add water to cover the meat ?

just wonderin seems like it would work good with that vacume sealer

you'd need to freeze partially before vacuum sealing, or the liquid would suck out, per the foodsaver thread.

Sounds like a good idea, cuz they sell terryaki chicken breasts and the like which is the same concept your talking about.

hmmm

i think the next time i go to Sam's i'm gonna try it
maybe on some chicken and pork chops

Always do.. but I havent with the foodsaver yet. If im gonna freeze stuff, i will rub them first, then freeze them. if using a wet marinade, I usually put steaks in teryaki and worsey before i freeze them... Chicken breasts work with rubs, or non-oil based marinades. I've froze chicken breasts in italian dressing once, and when the defrosted, the looked like jello.

jello ??? ? ??
becuse the oil kinda like you were tellin john bout his chicken breast ?

chathorne said:
jello ??? ? ??
becuse the oil kinda like you were tellin john bout his chicken breast ?

dunno if it was the oil, or it being frozen IN oil then defrosted.. but yup.. same idea. I figured that since it wasnt gonna be sitting in oil, that the freezing would stop the thing from dissolving.. but nope.. chicken jello, a great atkins dessert...

yuk.

ok no oil

what do ya think bout lemon juics peppercorn and a lil water ?

what bout sugars ?
or brines ?

It isn't bad to do but it may damage the fiber of the meat itself. Whatever you are marinating a raw piece of meat in will expand when frozen. More than likely the marinade will have penetrated into the interior of the meat - again, when frozen, it will expand and could mess up what you'll cook later.

Back