MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
Neonnblack
Full Fledged Farker

I used some it was good. Nah im just kidding, never seen it .
Neonnblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonnblack View Post
I used some it was good. Nah im just kidding, never seen it .
Lol farker

Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Subscribed...looking to hear some feedback on this lump

Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

34 pounds for $17!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

I'm hoping that Costco in Houston has some. I'll give it a whirl if I can find it. I liked their briqs, but they haven't gone on sale in a while ( I still have some hoarded away form the last Lowe's sale in 2011).
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #21
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

I don't know if I want to pay 50 cents per pound on fuel

Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #22
Ag76
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKnight View Post
There is a difference in lump, oak burns hot and long while mesquite burns hot and fast. Both oak and mesquite lump taste like the original hard wood they originally were. So if you don't like mesquite splits or chucks your not going to like it in lump. I prefer oak lump for these reasons, I don't even use wood chunks most the time just lump.

200 views and none of you farkers have used this chit?
What brand of oak lump do you use? Cowboy is oak lump, and it throws sparks worse than any lump I have ever used.

Lyfe Tyme - 16" x 40" Single Lid With Firebox

3 Weber Kettles

2 WSMs
Ag76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #23
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Question 482 views, nobody has heard seen or tried this stuff hu..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
I don't know if I want to pay 50 cents per pound on fuel
It's defiantly not KBlue were you can get 2 20# bags for 8 bucks 3 to 4 times a year, but a average Qer(Drum or Egglikes) could easily extinguish the lump when done smokin and re use it on there next cook, if it was mostly oak.... But I bet this lump is mostly mesquite, I have never had much mesquite lump left for future cooks, it burns up to fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag76 View Post
What brand of oak lump do you use? Cowboy is oak lump, and it throws sparks worse than any lump I have ever used.
I use B&B oak lump from Academy 20# bags for 13 bucks =0.65 cent per lb, I can easily cap off my drum or Akorn and have plenty of B&B lump left for future cooks. I have never used Cowboys but have heard from some brethren it's gone up in quality. The few different lump brands I have tried have sparked, some more then others B&B isn't bad.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #24
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

I would go pick up a bag today, but I'm guessing that it takes a little while to get it up north here.

And cowboy already makes a mesquite lump-

http://www.lowes.com/pd_269017-37442...oal&facetInfo=

Last edited by Trumpstylz; 02-06-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Trumpstylz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #25
Big M1ke
is one Smokin' Farker

I'd like to give it a try.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #26
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

Where is this competition going on in Austin? Have never been to one and would love to check it out as a spectator

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
Carbon
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
It's defiantly not KBlue were you can get 2 20# bags for 8 bucks 3 to 4 times a year, but a average Qer(Drum or Egglikes) could easily extinguish the lump when done smokin and re use it on there next cook, if it was mostly oak.... But I bet this lump is mostly mesquite, I have never had much mesquite lump left for future cooks, it burns up to fast.
Yeah, I hear ya, but mesquite lump sells for 25 cents per pound around here (in 40 lb bags), half the price per pound of what Costco hardwood lump sells for. :)

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #28
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post
I would go pick up a bag today, but I'm guessing that it takes a little while to get it up north here.

And cowboy already makes a mesquite lump-

http://www.lowes.com/pd_269017-37442...oal&facetInfo=
The bag of Stubbs lump said mixed hard woods, it also said "Packaged in the USA woods from Mexico" by saying mixed hardwoods I imagine there's some oak in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
Where is this competition going on in Austin? Have never been to one and would love to check it out as a spectator

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
It's at 500 VFW Road Austin, Texas 78753 VFW 8787 "Chilly" Chili and BBQ Cook-Off Turn in's are at 1,2:30 and 4. I live in south Austin it takes about 20 min to get there it's up by Yager Ln you should come check it out there was about 65 teams last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
Yeah, I hear ya, but mesquite lump sells for 25 cents per pound around here (in 40 lb bags), half the price per pound of what Costco hardwood lump sells for. :)
Maybe they charge another 25 cent per lb for it being a mix of hardwood not just best in the west? You seen that ol Wicked Good I hear there's gold flakes in it now that stuff is pricey.

Last edited by AustinKnight; 02-06-2013 at 11:46 AM..
AustinKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
You seen that ol Wicked Good I hear there's gold flakes in it now that stuff is pricey.
I really like that Wicked Good. I love the huge chunks and great burn. I'm out....Monday's brisket flat killed my last bag and I had to resort to the red bag of Royal Oak....only smallish pieces throughout the bag!

Aggravating.

Will remedy this soon.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #30
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
I really like that Wicked Good. I love the huge chunks and great burn. I'm out....Monday's brisket flat killed my last bag and I had to resort to the red bag of Royal Oak....only smallish pieces throughout the bag!

Aggravating.

Will remedy this soon.
I hear nothing but good thing's about it, I just checked there site and I see they sell it in Austin now, I'll be tryin it soon. Ya once you're used to large chunks opening a bag of RO seems like someone is playing a sick joke on you, bet that flat was still worth the hassle though..

Sent from my SGH-T999