Buffalo Chicken Burger

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here's what I made for the throwdown. It's a marinated chicken thigh breaded in panko then smoked indirect on the kettle with hickory. This is my first time breading anything and cooking it on the kettle so I only breaded one of the thighs and it came out great! I should have done more. I buttered and toasted a bun then added avocado on the bottom then the breaded thigh topped that with buffalo sauce, then meunster cheese and romaine lettuce. It was great and I seasoned the thighs with red fajita seasoning from la michoacana meat market. These were really good and very juicy with a great smokey flavor from the hickory. You guys should give it a try when you're in the mood for a spicy chicken sandwich and Wendy's is not close by :-D

04-2010014.jpg

04-2010018.jpg

04-2010019.jpg

burger.jpg

04-2010033.jpg

Nice use of Panko! Did you use an egg wash first or just roll it as is?? I never would have thought of putting that in the smoker, great job! the sandwich looks D-licious

Nice use of Panko! Did you use an egg wash first or just roll it as is?? I never would have thought of putting that in the smoker, great job! the sandwich looks D-licious

I had never done it either I just rolled the thigh in panko with no egg wash. The marinade was plenty to hold the panko on. It came out crispy and smokey :becky:

I've been using Panko on wings for a little while. Looks like you did yours perfectly and that Buffler sammich is outstanding!

After you bread it do you spray it with any cooking spray or anything or just put it on the grill dry?

That looks real good Al. I assume they were Boneless Thighs,, lol A great lookin Sammie.. Looks a hell of a lot Better then Wendys, and prolly tastes a whole lot better..

Back