MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #181
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Remember to post or check out the Weber Kettle Appreciation Society Social Group-
Look for it under your User CP!

See ya there!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #182
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Seems to me I should post a picture here of the latest addition to the inventory:

It takes up more space in the garage than the OTG did, but since I have a brand new OTG still in the box, I was able to send the old one off to a new home at a friend's house. Another gasser bites the dust as a result of this; can't be a bad thing...
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #183
rolf
Full Fledged Farker

Put the lid on my balcony edge, fell down 3 floors, bent it straight again and works like a charm.
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #184
jack040806
is one Smokin' Farker

So I suppose I should mention my babies because I haven't yet. I have two 22" kettles, a performer, a smokey joe and just off of craigslist a 2004 genesis silver b. One of these days I am going to head out into the backyard and take some picks for this thread and the weber appreciation society, but my yard is somewhat in transition right now and not very photogenic.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #185
Philly-QueMaster
is one Smokin' Farker

If anyone sees as 22.5 Kettle in the Philadelphia area at a good price let me know. I don't see too many up for sale around hear. Looking add my first kettle to my collection. Right now I have a gasser....UDS...and a Chargriller.
Philly-QueMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #186
LT72884
Babbling Farker

I like my weber. Grew up with em ever since i was a 5 years old. Had one from the late 60's early 70's that my dad had when he was married to me mom.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #187
Hell Fire Grill
Full Fledged Farker

I saved this ol kettle from a one way trip to the dump. The paint is rough but the vents are all still on it and the leg holders are not rusted much. It will cook again.

Hell Fire Grill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #188
EatonHoggBBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa Q View Post
I saved this ol kettle from a one way trip to the dump. The paint is rough but the vents are all still on it and the leg holders are not rusted much. It will cook again.

It's beautiful

Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #189
smokinvic
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatonHoggBBQ View Post
It's beautiful
It truly is a beautiful thing. I wiped a tear from my eye. You are doing a great service!

"I am the Lizard King.... I can do anything."

"Out here on the perimeter there are no stars... out here we is stoned.... immaculate" - An American Poet
smokinvic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #190
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa Q View Post

I don't know where you are (other than close by), but thank you for the public service. I would hate to see that land in the transfer station...
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #191
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

I picked up a new kettle in the box on CL for $60 a while ago and just opened up the box to find me a Corona Extra..... I was hoping for a black one.

Oh well! I cooked some Ribeyes and ABTs on it and it was ok, so I guess I won't use it for UDS parts like the others.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #192
Beast Drinker
Full Fledged Farker

Thumbs up

My 18" kettle AKA #1 has been with me for 7 years it has crossed the Pacific twice, the continental US twice, survived Multiple Typhoons a tropical storm and a NorEaster. I love it so much that had I been smart enough to buy a 22" in the first place I doubt I would own my WSM. Also really love my lil Smokey Joe it's even more well traveled than big bro I just don't use it quite as much.

That WSM sits next to a pair of true Q warriors I hope in a few years I love it 1/2 as much as those 2 little grills if so I will have more than gotten my moneys worth out of it.

Jake
18" Weber OTS aka #1, Smokey Joe gold, 18" WSM, dirt late model

Last edited by Beast Drinker; 09-18-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Beast Drinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #193
Smoke & Beers
is One Chatty Farker

I finally got my herd of Weber's rounded up for a family picture on Labor Day 09...
Here they are...
Weber One Touch Gold & a Weber 22 1/2" Silver
Traeger Jr
2 UDS's Born 9-19-08 & 3-6-09
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
[COLOR=red][COLOR=black]Super Fast[/COLOR][B] RED THERMAPEN[/B][/COLOR]

"If you got them by the MOINK balls, their hearts and minds will follow" -John Wayne
Smoke & Beers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #194
Firebug
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack040806 View Post
So I suppose I should mention my babies because I haven't yet. I have two 22" kettles, a performer, a smokey joe and just off of craigslist a 2004 genesis silver b. One of these days I am going to head out into the backyard and take some picks for this thread and the weber appreciation society, but my yard is somewhat in transition right now and not very photogenic.

Same stable as me. Two 22"s, a Performer, a Smokey Joe, and a WSM.
Firebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #195
JiveTurkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JT
Default Red Kettle

Hey all, new guy here but long time fan of the Weber kettle. This is the kettle my dad taught me on when I was a kid and I'm still using it. Dad ain't with us anymore but this kettle keeps on keepin on. Over the years I've cleaned it up, replaced all the inside parts, made some handles, and painted the legs. It's an "L" model that he bought new in 1989. I love it and yes they do cook better than any other color!

Here's the vent:

Action shot from last night: ribeyes with Mikes Award Winning Rub over charcoal and hickory smoke chips.

Emeril said it best when he said, "BAM!"

Happy grillin this weekend my Weber peeps!

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods