• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

End of Summer/Bday Cookout w/ Lots and Lots of Pron

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Saturday was my 36th bday and I figured why not have a big cookout for friends to come over and celebrate it and the end of summer.

This is what I started with. 5 pork butts (7-9lbs each), 2 briskets (15.5lbs each), 7 racks of spare ribs, 10lbs of thighs and drumsticks. (chicken not pictured)
X4difih.jpg

Friday night had a meat trimming party and got the briskets and pork butts into the UDS. Rubs I used were the Adam Perry Lang rub for pork shoulders and then 50/50 S&P on the brisket, APL's chicken rub, and Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub on the ribs.
4pzfHkh.jpg

EIU6KWH.jpg

v3BFa3u.jpg

QzdhsVB.jpg

Le0pUb7.jpg

I39DVwj.jpg

Getting the UDS with cherry and pecan wood and Cowboy Lump. I brought it up to 325 degrees as I knew the temperature would drop like a rock in water with the amount of meet I was putting into it. It settled in at 225 and cooked from 10 at night to 1 in the afternoon.
JXuKmuo.jpg

vSpgmEW.jpg

z8qLBHn.jpg

uCdwzfn.jpg

n6y2GMw.jpg

In the morning I pulled the brisket and the pork butts off as they finished and wrapped in foil. I put the pork butts in a cooler and briskets in the oven. Then moved my operation off the deck onto the small patio I have. It was an impressive sight to almost all my guests and they asked if I had a grilling problem. Chicken was done in the mini.
fuhjQKG.jpg

Loaded up the UDS with a majority of the St. Louis trimmed ribs and rib tips and the Performers with rib tips as well. I didn't use the inner rack on the ribs because I didn't want to fuss with it while guests were here, or get my non bbq shirt stained.
aYpXsI3.jpg

ugbZAyS.jpg

Pictures of the final product of pulled pork, brisket, and ribs. My friends who I assigned to take pictures were busy stuffing their faces as I was taking the chicken off the smoker and putting it on the table.
ryA2mRt.jpg

OfpcaWo.jpg

7ABx9TJ.jpg

Friend made a dericious Leche Flan cake for my bday that I had to share a picture of because it was so farking good.
9XmVSNn.jpg

ovW9HqI.jpg

Party was a huge hit and had a ton of food leftover. So in the morning I split this with my sister and her friend before we went to the beach. Corncake w/ mac and cheese inside of it, mac and cheese and pulled pork on top w/ hot sauce over that.
I2bBKnz.jpg

Damn!!! Good lookin' grub with enough for a small army!

Damn!!! Good lookin' grub with enough for a small army!

I had about 50 people come through my doors through the day/evening. Party went from 3pm till about 130ish am. I got the UFC fights and lots of friends stayed till the end.

Great pics! Looks like y'll had a great time...KCCO Bro!
My roommate is the chiver. He has the stickers on his car and also made a set of corn hole boards with the KCCO logo painted on it.

Well...........a big happy b-day to ya! And what a pile of good looking grub, great work!

KC

Thanks a bunch! I was stressed I wasn't going to get it done in time.

Everything looks fantastic!! Belated Happy Birthday!

Wow dude! Looks incredible!
What was your time and temps on the brisket for the whole cook?

Wow dude! Looks incredible!
What was your time and temps on the brisket for the whole cook?

I cooked them at 225. I dont remember what time i pulled them off or the internal temp as i just probed it to test for doneness. Wish I could give more insight on it, but I was in a rush multitasking cleaning and errands. I'll have to keep better track next time.

Incredible cook right there. You did good!..........and Happy Birthday!

Back