First Fatty - with PRON!

KBird

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After seeing some of the recipes here, I decided to try my own fatty. Started by cooking some small dice potatoes, onion, green pepper, and some jalapenos until softened. Added some Tony Chacheres and some grated cheese. Rolled that up in some plastic wrap to make a log, and then rolled it inside the Jimmy Dean's mild sausage:
IMG_0012.jpg

The bacon weave was next. It looked a lot like making a lattice for the top of a pie, and it worked great. These photos should help if you've never done this. Start by laying out seven or eight strips of bacon vertically in front of you:
IMG_0013.jpg
Fold back every other strip to half. Lay one strip horizontally across the others.
IMG_0014.jpg
Unfold the strips, and fold down the other strips that haven't yet been folded. Add another horizontal strip.
IMG_0015.jpg
Continue this alternating method until finished on the top half, and then do the bottom half the same way.IMG_0016.jpg
Here's the fatty rolled up in the bacon weave:IMG_0020.jpg
And cooked:
IMG_0021.jpg
And sliced. Yum!
IMG_0024.jpg
Forgot to add that it cooked at 275-300 for about and hour and a half. A lot of great info here on this forum. Let's all keep the sharing going and have some great eats!:clap:

Last edited:
Looks delicious. Slap a slice of that on a warm buttered biscuit. Hoaaah!

Wow... that looks yummy with the diced potatoes. I'll have to give it a try.

It was very tasty. Next time, I'll start the potatoes earlier than the rest of the veggies. It takes a little longer for them to soften. Thanks for all the comments!

Ever thought of using canned potatoes? May work in a pinch.

Nice. At some point just try a naked unadulterated fatty. Simple and delicious.

Back