Smoked Duck

Have you ever tried a Muscovy duck I have several of them some claim they have less fat.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149726

HPIM5395r.JPG

lol No I didn't listen. :doh: I did stay away from martinis though. Your duck looks great! :thumb: Thanks! :becky:

Have you ever tried a Muscovy duck I have several of them some claim they have less fat.

I've only had the domestic muscovies, farm raised. They do have less fat than a pekin or meat duck. They're pretty tasty, the breast is the best part IMO.

around 250, give or take 25. I see Jeanie smokes hers at 325. I'll have to try that.

The 325F is the low end for me... I smoke poultry at 350 and 375 too.
Good luck with it Craig!

Wow Jeanie, that looks fantastic. My dad loves duck and use to make it all the time. I am going to try this for him. Spatzel too? Bonus! I will also have to make a run to the Polish delicatessen in Chicago next time there.

Thanks for sharing!

Jeanie,

Very nice and love that personalized COWGIRL touch on your smoker. You have got it going on out in the panhandle thats for sure.

Do you waterfowl hunt at all ?

I was down by one of my big slews late Saturday and ducks were flyin all over. I don't go much any more but here are 2 of my favorite waterfowl partners (Hank aka yella on the left was about as good as it gets in his prime. Buddy black lab on right always liked the in the blind a little more).

Hope yall have a happy year and great 2013

Rick

Attachments

• Hank and Buddy At Old Barn.jpg
    Hank and Buddy At Old Barn.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 47
Thank you Westy and Jason! :-D

Wow Jeanie, that looks fantastic. My dad loves duck and use to make it all the time. I am going to try this for him. Spatzel too? Bonus! I will also have to make a run to the Polish delicatessen in Chicago next time there.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Ron!! I would love to visit a polish delicatessen some day. Can't imagine all of the goodies they would have. I would love it! If you go, please take pics for me. :becky:

Jeanie,

Very nice and love that personalized COWGIRL touch on your smoker. You have got it going on out in the panhandle thats for sure.

Do you waterfowl hunt at all ?

I was down by one of my big slews late Saturday and ducks were flyin all over. I don't go much any more but here are 2 of my favorite waterfowl partners (Hank aka yella on the left was about as good as it gets in his prime. Buddy black lab on right always liked the in the blind a little more).

Hope yall have a happy year and great 2013

Rick

Rick Thanks!! Hank and Buddy are good looking fellas!! I love duck hunting but I don't go often enough. Sometimes my little windmill pond is a good spot to get them. I have border collies so they are no help at all with hunting. lol
Thanks about the grate and everything. It's quiet out here but that's the way I like it. :-D Hope you have a great 2013 too! :thumb:

Looks good to me. What flavor wood did you use?
Dave

Thank you Dave! I used apple on this cook. It was pretty mild.

I have never had duck...:icon_blush: Guess that may have to change soon after seeing yours...looks delicious Jeanie! :thumb:

I have never had duck...:icon_blush: Guess that may have to change soon after seeing yours...looks delicious Jeanie! :thumb:

Thanks JD, hope you give it a try! Also hope the venison stuff was helpful.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!! :-D

I missed this Jeanie... sorry! Glad the Mad Hunky Brine was a welcome addition to your meal. And those noodles... I LOVE those. My Great aunt was German... she made the best spatzle!

Thanks Rich! I really love your poultry brine. Good stuff! :thumb:

Back