MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John
Default A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker & Smoked Gouda

I picked up the A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker to use on several projects where I prefer cold smoke. I decided to try it out first on cheese.

This cold smoke solution is a great one for most things, and the Tube Smoker can also be used to create smoke in your charcoal or gas grills. This particular model might be a little challenging for cheese since it generates an amount of heat that would create problems unless you are careful with your setup. This video shows the Tube Smoker and how I set it up in my Weber Kettle to cold smoke 6.5 pounds of Gouda...

Thanks from: --->

Old 11-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Nice review, John! I've been looking for a way to cold smoke without having to build a whole 'nother smoking vessel. This could be used right on my Keg. Very cool! Thanks!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for taking the time for this review. What flavor pellets did you use?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbuddy View Post
Thanks for taking the time for this review. What flavor pellets did you use?
I guess i should have mentioned that they were apple pellets...

Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Awesome work, John!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
JerBQ
On the road to being a farker

Thanks a ton for this and all your other video reviews! I just got the A-MAZE-N pellet smoker (5x and have yet to give it a go, but I think cheese is definitely going to be my first victim when I get a chance. I also recently got a Char-Griller Akorn which was largely the result of your reviews on that unit. If you aren't already a salesman, you should be!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Just ordered the 12"er

Cheese will be first up once it arrives.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #8
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerBQ View Post
Thanks a ton for this and all your other video reviews! I just got the A-MAZE-N pellet smoker (5x and have yet to give it a go, but I think cheese is definitely going to be my first victim when I get a chance. I also recently got a Char-Griller Akorn which was largely the result of your reviews on that unit. If you aren't already a salesman, you should be!
I think the 5x8 version would work better for cold smoking cheese than the tube version does. I think it will generate a little less heat. I think you made a good choice :)

Old 11-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
Erin
Knows what a fatty is.

Location: Vancouver, WA--Across the Columbia River from Portland, OR

have you made a video on how to smoke salt? I've only cold smoked cheese twice now. The first time it ended up as a melted blob on the bottom of the unit. Second time went great. I want to smoke salt too.

Tags
cold smoke cheese