MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
syndicate559
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdtn View Post
http://texasbbqrub.com/bbqgloves.htm

This is where I got mine. Very happy with them.
My wife ordered me the same ones for Father's Day last year and they are awesome! They're probably the exact same glove that the other site is selling as well. Just thick enough to be able to pull meat with good texture for grip. Love 'em.

Thanks from:--->

Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #17
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
THESE are my meat gloves of choice.

Not too thick, not to thin......JUUUUUUUST right!

To save a little on shipping (distribute it among other items), while you're in this neighborhood I HIGHLY recommend getting some of their rubs! SM is SIMPLY AWESOME!!!! Yeah, get the bear claws if you must. Some swear by them.... <sigh>
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #18
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

The same gloves that are being sold at specialty places as BBQ gloves for $8 and up:

Black Knight 7714-R's $5 / pair
at Grainger.
Condor rough coat XL lined PVC gloves are $4.25 / pair at Grainger.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

I have been using a premium nitril coated knit glove.

It is somewhat like the one Vinny mentioned, except only the fingers and palms are dipped, and they are dipped in Nitrile. The glove itself is a very thin mesh. This very thin glove, coupled with the very flexible nitrile coating leads to a really flexible glove that can still accomodate very hot meat. (I can move a grate with them if I am quick, but would not really recommend this use initially)

It is far more flexible than both the fully dipped cotton gloves, and the "Raichlen Style" gloves which are very cumbersome to me.

I get mine for 3-4 bucks at the hardware store, and they last a few uses as food movers, then get moved over to a few uses of pit cleaners, then tossed.
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
hart316
Knows what a fatty is.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/bbqgloves.htm

Bought these recently and they are FANSTATIC! Great for taking beer can chickens off the WSM, ribs, and my new best friend for taking corn husks off piping hot corn cobs!

EASY clean up, wish I would have bought them sooner! Great texture too for pulling pork, etc.
hart316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorSavor View Post
What's the gloves of choice for handling hot foods right off the pit?

It's Gloven for me every time. I have thrown away the welders gloves and the oven mitts

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #22
schlickenmeyer
Full Fledged Farker

I just let my butts cool a little, the pulled them with plain old surgical gloves ( which I have boxes of as a medic)
Weber 22.5" #2, CGSP w/ SFB, CG Akorn, Smokey Joe #2, Mac's BBQ CSG, Blue Thermapen.
schlickenmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #23
Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I like the Kinco 7182-12 INCH SANDY PVC. they have 18" also. If you buy a box of 12 pairs, you can get them for under $3 per pair.
KCBS CBJ & TC #55078
IBCA #2570
Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
Team DD
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I have some of the Steven Raichlen gloves. They can stand the heat but, they are too slick. The surface needed some texture.
I have a pair of these too. They are slick, makes cleaning them easy though.
Weber One-Touch Silver
Custom Red Thermapen
Team DD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #25
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

I use a pair of cottom Jersey glove's from HD with a pair of XL Nitril gloves over them. I think you get 3 pairs for around $5 at HD, and I always have a box of food gloves around. They're great because the cotton absorbs the sweat and is a great barrier from the heat and you can still feel the texture of the meat.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
FlavorSavor
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Smoker View Post
Amazon.com: Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves, Pair: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Picked these up recently. I have very large hands. They fit these gloves, and the fabric lining helps with removing. They would likely accommodate a slightly larger hand.

They are slick, but that seems to be a common trait among these glove types
These are a winner for me. I hesitated to buy these gloves because they look so slick. Well, after using the rest and hating them, I picked up a pair about 2 months ago. These are the gloves to have.

The problem with some of the other gloves is that they hate heat. Hot foods, such as butts, can be handled with these gloves, but over a short period of time the fingers become brittle and crack. Once they crack you cannot pull hot butts.

Another problem with some of these gloves in the fuzz on the inside. It will not dry! If the insides get wet from washing them it takes an act of God to get these gloves dry. Even with a hair dryer blowing into them...

And lastly, they're hard to clean. The grip really holds onto foods.

The Steven Raichlen gloves have none of these characteristics. They're slick, yes, but so much easier to clean! And, they last. Already they've lasted 4x longer than any of the other gloves. These are the gloves to have.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
aawa
Babbling Farker

I have a couple sets of gloves. I have the pvc dipped gloves that I received from an order when I got the sampler pack of Simply Marvelous.

I tend to use a pair of wool gloves and some nitrile gloves when handling meats off the smoker as well as for pulling pork/slicing brisket etc.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

These work great.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #29
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

i get the white cotton gloves, and put on 2 layers of xl nitriles over it, you can feel the meat, and the heat, but it's bearable

Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
Terry The Toad
is one Smokin' Farker

Butterball (yeah, the turkey folks) sells a pair of heat resistant carving gloves. They usually have them at my Lowe's and Home Depot. I think they are about 10 bucks.

I don't have a pair - but they look at lot like my insulated BBQ gloves (the brand of which I cannot remember.)

"I love animals. I just love to eat them more. Fun to pet; better to chew." - Jim Gaffigan
Terry The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote