MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #136
el_matt
Babbling Farker

Awesome build, absolutely beautiful!!

Matt
el_matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #137
wyocurt
On the road to being a farker

That will do some might good food. Great work and good luck on your cooks
FEC 100
wsm 22.5
RMBBQA Member
CBBQA
cbj #63452:-P
wyocurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #138
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks gents! I hope so. By the way, we should have new wheels and tires on it this weekend...A paint job should follow the second weekend.
* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #139
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Cant wait to see this build finished. Its an amazing project so far.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ
Pa_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #140
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Just a quick update... Mama got a new pair of shoes! Eventually we'll get her some high heels..but for now she look just fine. Gettin' perty..

* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #141
kihrer
Full Fledged Farker

Very nice build. How much have you put in to it so far? Also, about how many hours of labor? I see you have it modeled after a Jambo. Should be a great cooker and I am looking forward to seeing your results. I have a top shelf on the smoke stack side in my Jambo and when the grate level is 250 the top shelf is 325. Makes a great place for cooking chicken or setting the glaze on ribs.

12ft competition trailer
Jambo 48 "Bo Diddley"
heavily modified SnP "Chickenator"
[COLOR=Red]Red[COLOR=Black] and [COLOR=Blue]Blue[COLOR=Black] Super fast [/COLOR][/COLOR]Thermapens[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
kihrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #142
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihrer View Post
Very nice build. How much have you put in to it so far? Also, about how many hours of labor? I see you have it modeled after a Jambo. Should be a great cooker and I am looking forward to seeing your results. I have a top shelf on the smoke stack side in my Jambo and when the grate level is 250 the top shelf is 325. Makes a great place for cooking chicken or setting the glaze on ribs.
Thank you. We have about $2,000.00 in it so far. and We've been working on it every saturday since the beginning of this thread.

We are out of 3/4 angle iron for another grate but we are also going to put a top shelf on the smoke stack side.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #143
kihrer
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ View Post
Thank you. We have about $2,000.00 in it so far. and We've been working on it every saturday since the beginning of this thread.

We are out of 3/4 angle iron for another grate but we are also going to put a top shelf on the smoke stack side.
From the pictures it looks like you have done excellent work. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. What color are you going with for the trailer? Are you powder coating the pit or going with high temp paint? If you plan on using pit probes, make your cuts before painting. Again, great job!

12ft competition trailer
Jambo 48 "Bo Diddley"
heavily modified SnP "Chickenator"
[COLOR=Red]Red[COLOR=Black] and [COLOR=Blue]Blue[COLOR=Black] Super fast [/COLOR][/COLOR]Thermapens[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
kihrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #144
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihrer View Post
From the pictures it looks like you have done excellent work. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. What color are you going with for the trailer? Are you powder coating the pit or going with high temp paint? If you plan on using pit probes, make your cuts before painting. Again, great job!
The entire rig will be gloss black (box, chamber, trailer, etc). The Firebox, chamber and anything close by will be coated with a high temp gloss black. Because the high temp is so much more expensive, we'll use regular gloss black for the rest. We're going to put "That's What She Said" across the back of the chamber in neon pink.. possibly find a good spot for a pin-up girl..if not on the trailer then definitely in the logo.

Before we paint it, we'll drill our holes for the temp guages and probes.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #145
Mark M
Full Fledged Farker

It's turning out great. Looking forward to seeing the "finally" finished product.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #146
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

It looks great! Its a ton of work isn't it? But well worth it. Looking forward to seeing you and your rig in person soon. Great job!
Picking mine up from the paint shop tonight. Finally done spraying and respraying the paint on the silly trailer.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #147
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
It looks great! Its a ton of work isn't it? But well worth it. Looking forward to seeing you and your rig in person soon. Great job!
Picking mine up from the paint shop tonight. Finally done spraying and respraying the paint on the silly trailer.
Thank you thank you. Definitely a ton of work and definitely worth it! I'm with ya'..we can't wait to dive into the competition circuit.

I hope you have some pics to share after you pickerup!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #148
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ View Post
Thank you thank you. Definitely a ton of work and definitely worth it! I'm with ya'..we can't wait to dive into the competition circuit.

I hope you have some pics to share after you pickerup!

pics are up now. enjoy!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #149
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

OKAY..we didn't do much work today BUT we did do our first test run so I'm okay with the lack of progress.

This is a shot of the completed firebox. One of the springs looks a bit shorter and that is only because I bent it a bit while we were welding it to the damper. Also, we hit the firebox walls with a temp gun and the surface temps never rose above 130 degrees..

We had to bust the first-up out for shelter... Horrible rain for the first half of the day..

Next shot is the biscuit test--as promised. The first 8 inches or so was quite a bit hotter than the rest of the chamber..BUT if you look at the biscuits, you'll see that the temps were dead on everywhere else...very minor fluctuations from one side to the other...We were very happy about this!

The brisket was a beaut. Possibly one of the best I've had..which was a surprise to us because of the horrible conditions and other obstacles.

There you have it, folks! More to come next week!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #150
Mark M
Full Fledged Farker

That's a great start to many, many cooks to come. Good stuff. Congrats on your success.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jambo clone, offset build, Offset smoker build, smoker build, smoker clone build