Houston

heres Burns'...

you wil buzz right by it if your not watchin.. Good stuff... little shack about 5 minutes from Daves shop.

but of course ours is better. :mrgreen: :wink:

Attachments

• DSCN2001.JPG
    DSCN2001.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN2002.JPG
    DSCN2002.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 135
brdbbq said:
Racer's House

I think it will be "Racer's Hell" this year. Wife and step-daughter will both be here (no problems) but there will be not one, but TWO Aunt Flo's as well.

My daughter has a basketball tournament on Thursday and Friday - I think I'll head there.

BigDawg - Thelma's is supposed to be good. Goode Company BBQ is supposed to be good as well, no pun intended.

I've not heard of Burns, but if Dave Klose recommends it you can't go wrong there.

There's some decent places outside of Houston, but going to those could be a beeyotch depending on what side of Houston your visiting.

Lastly, for the record, we don't play professional football here.

Depending on which way you are driving in we stopped off in Flatonia on Sunday evening at a place called Joes' BBQ. They had some decent Q there and had late hours.

Burns is very good and here are a few others depending on what part of the city you will be in:

Harlon's Harlon's Bar-B-Que (have 3 locations)
Lyndon’s Pit BBQ
Joe's BBQ (Pearland and Alvin)
Randy's Smokehouse (Clear Lake)
Smokey Bones BBQ (2 locations)

I prefer Randy's and Joe's since they are closer to my house plus Randy's is only a mile from where I work and the smoked turkey samiches there make a great lunch. Good cobbler too. I'm gettin hungry !!

Got to stop in for some Frenchie's Fried Chicken. It's not que but it's danged good. If it's still there.

Aeynghus said:
Got to stop in for some Frenchie's Fried Chicken. It's not que but it's danged good. If it's still there.

There is still one over on Scott St. I agree it is the best creole chicken in town and don't forget the dirty rice. !

Frenchy's Chicken
3919 Scott St
Houston, TX 77004-5522
(713) 748-2233

Elkhound said:
There is still one over on Scott St. I agree it is the best creole chicken in town and don't forget the dirty rice. !

Frenchy's Chicken
3919 Scott St
Houston, TX 77004-5522
(713) 748-2233

That's the one I used to go to when I went to the University of Houston. That was over 24 years ago. Good eats.

Aeynghus said:
That's the one I used to go to when I went to the University of Houston. That was over 24 years ago. Good eats.

Its well worth the drive. They closed all the other locations so its the only one left.

I am staying on the north side of Houston, in the Conroe/Willis area. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bigdog said:
I am staying on the north side of Houston, in the Conroe/Willis area. Thanks for all the suggestions.

The Conroe/(whatchutalkinbout)Willis area is really South Dallas.

8)

ggeilman said:
Depending on which way you are driving in we stopped off in Flatonia on Sunday evening at a place called Joes' BBQ. They had some decent Q there and had late hours.

Ha! It's Joel's. We ate there back during the first week in November! Great little shack. The chopped beef and sausage wraps were great! Ate in Lockhart at Smitty's and Kreutz' a couple days later. A trip to Tejas is a must for any serious Q fanatic!

Racer 81 My familly and I are moving to Glen Rose Tx we wil be about a hour away from you:wink:

BBQ101 said:
Racer 81 My familly and I are moving to Glen Rose Tx we wil be about a hour away from you:wink:

You must drive really fast - or have a plane.

I'm SW of Houston........

Back