Smart and Final brisket

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
For those of you in the western US where there is S&F, what's your take on the brisket you can buy at Smart and Final? When I called them they said that they do sell full packer cuts . . .

I'd read somewhere that they don't have the highest quality meats, but whaddya all think?

I buy USDA choice full packer briskets from the Smart and Final in Reno regularly. Ive been pleased with the quality every time.

I have bought them and have been happy with them. i think Big Mista gets them ther sometimes.

I've used two of them so far. One was excellent, the other became chili (but I'm still learning) - gonna try another one tomorrow (first one on the UDS)! They seem like a good value?

I buy them when there is choice in stock, full packers indeed. They work fine and taste good.

Thanks all. Going to study up the wisdom of the Brethren and then pull the trigger on a S&F full packer. Can't wait to fire up the UDS!

I've bought probably 7-8 from there but I've only been lucky enough to find a Choice packer (at the Select price) twice. I've had good luck with all of them (knock on wood). I have an 11 lb brisket from S&F in the smoker now as a matter of fact!

S&F is Cash n' Carry up here. I have only seen Choice packers one time. Not a fan of their meat selection.

I find the choice packers in the boxes under the bins. The box has a tag on it with all the information, so you dont have to open 5 boxes to find the choice meat.

it varies from store to store. some have good meat selection and a walk in refer. others have a small case. I have never had a problem with any meet from smart and final, and have gotten some really good deals.

I usually get my briskets from Smart and Final. They're always Select and need to be trimmed heavily, but they do the job when I just want to smoke a brisket on a Sunday. I don't have many choices for buying brisket locally and if I want something nicer I usually have to travel to a nice butcher shop.

Back