Cast Iron Diffuser for Akorn?

ChetPunisher

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has tried using a Lodge Cast Iron 14 inch Pizza pan as a diffuser?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Pro-Logic-P14P3-Pizza-14-inch/dp/B0000E2V3X/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp"]Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch: Kitchen & Dining: Amazon.com[/ame]

Would that work? Or would a skillet be better?

I recall seeing a post about using it in a egg and landarc uses one in his OTG so I don't see why it wouldn't work

I would think either one would work, but the skillet handle might need to be lopped off with an angle grinder to fit properly.

the pizza pan works great as a diffuser. it also then lets you use it for baking biscutes, frying eggs or even cranking the heat and making pizza

I've used a foil pan (to hold water), and I have also foiled a pizza stone. Both do a good job of acting as a diffuser. Easy clean up with the foiled pizza stone. Water pan isn't too bad, just have to dump the water somewhere.

I've used a pizza pan once, only thing I didn't like was the pan held the drippings, since it has a raised edge. The drippings even with aluminum foil somehow baked on.

So now I'm thinking about a skillet and I have some extra lava rocks sitting around. I might try putting them in the skillet and covering it with foil. Now I just need to find a good price on a 14 or 16 inch skillet.

I've always just used a regular cheap $5 pizza pan wrapped in foil. CI sounds like over kill.

Back