PBC to be delivered today.

I want to do a couple of standard cooks before I try the different charcoals. I do love to experiment. Sometimes you hit a home run. I think that I will search out those skewers the look like they are perfect for several things. I hope my ribs look as good as yours.

The PBC does everything pretty well, but I almost cried tears of joy the first time I ate rib tips that my brother in-law decided to hang in the PBC. They were easily the best rib tips I've ever experienced.

Cibelo,

First off great first cook. Try Stubbs briqs or lump and briqs to elevate the flavor profile of your food. I know 16Adams does 75% briqs and 25% lump. I've also done lump and briqs, briqs only or lump only.

I lose the russet potatoes as well. About the only thing that flops on the PBC unless you put in on the grate. However, I've never lost a Yukon gold potato by hanging it. Russet tend to be heavier so as they cook and get soft, their weight pushes them down.

Here are some pics.

20130816_171451.jpg

Here's the inside of the tater and in fact ribs were done on the PBC as well.

I got mine at Lowes on discount, they're almost the same and are from weber. I did lose all the potatoes excepet one during a cook. I've found these, screw buckles and hope they'll will work with a SS wing nut..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/x10-Pcs-3-4...980928024?pt=Clamps_Vises&hash=item2a234dce18

Yall gonna make me want a PBC and get in trouble with the ole' lady. My pops is having a keg cut in half and made into like a camp grill with a lid, it will have a removable stand and short legs for table top/tailgate use. Cant wait for that to be done.

Back