BBQ Brethren "Fajitas" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Fajitas!"[/size]
fajitas1.jpg

Image from blog for Caleb Jenkins!

...as chosen by High Q and Will work for bbq, the winners of the Summertime Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/8 through Sunday 7/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 7/17.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 7/18 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 7/23. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Independence Day Throwdown until Sunday night 7/10 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the St. Loo-ee Style Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Ooooooooo...Redhot's gonna be all over this.

Actually the story is there was this place called Don Pablo's Mexican Kitchen and I always sat in the bar area and ordered a grilled chicken fajita which was supposed to be an appetizer. Always filled me up even sharing with my kids...but after trying fajitas elsewhere - well there was just NO comparison! It got shut down by the Health Department (go figure) but I have never had a better fajita than there so my daughter and I decicded to try to recreate what we had there. What we came up with was pretty danged melt in your mouth, why haven't I ever done this before GOODNESS! I haven't made them in a while, great excuse to do it again!

If I mention this one to my wife, she's going to say I better enter. Don't know if I'll have all the fancy sides that others are going to have though. :heh:

Ought ohhhhhhhh! Might have to enter this one with The Bomb!

Now this one looks interesting.

I have always wanted to try grilled fajitas, but never have taken the plunge. Looks like I now have a good excuse to give it a try.

Guess I'm first! Seems appropriate since I haven't done a TD in a while. Here were the fajitas that I made lastnight.
001.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

Ut oh, no guacamole! Wait, I know, I'll grill up some Chicken Avocado brats!
014.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

I think the ones with the sliced brats were my favorite. Either way, it was a taste of pure awesome!
Thanks!

Well I finally tried them. I made some mixed grilled fajitas on Monday. Been slightly busy and was unable to post until today.

Anyhow, these were chicken, beef, and sausage fajitas. Really enjoyed them and plan on making them again real soon.

BTW, the sauce on the first fajita is a cumin, garlic, and cilantro sauce that I made for my wife's fajita she absolutely loves it.

Attachments

• July 14, 2011 009.jpg
    July 14, 2011 009.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 107
  • July 14, 2011 010.jpg
    July 14, 2011 010.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 109
  • July 14, 2011 011.jpg
    July 14, 2011 011.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 106
  • July 14, 2011 013.jpg
    July 14, 2011 013.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 107
  • July 14, 2011 012.jpg
    July 14, 2011 012.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 108
  • July 14, 2011 014.jpg
    July 14, 2011 014.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 105
Oh I forgot to mention that the tortilla shells were grilled as well. They were delicious that way. I may fire up the grill just to do tortillas next time I have tacos.

Back