Best turn in boxes

HOG WILD BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I SEE THERE IS A STICKY FOR WORST TURN IN BOXES, BUT I WANT TO SEE BEST TURN IN BOXES. IS THERE A THREAD ON THIS?:confused:

I SEE THERE IS A STICKY FOR WORST TURN IN BOXES, BUT I WANT TO SEE BEST TURN IN BOXES. IS THERE A THREAD ON THIS?:confused:

Yes.. there are.. probably several, but most end up saying that if it's really a great box and it wins, why would they show it for others to attempt to replicate..

usually a few share decent stuff though...keep your fingers crossed !! :wink:

I just did my first comp, and here is our pork box. We finished 6th in pork and nowhere near 6th in everything else, so I guess this is the best box I've ever done :shocked:.

pork.jpg

here's a fifth place box...

That's one heck of a Money Muscle!!! Great bark & coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Wild Hog,
I have had some great scores on presentation - 9's across the board a few times, but I'm not one to share photos of turn-in's, contest recipes, etc, sorry.
While I love this site for information sharing, when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what a team does to set themselves apart from the rest at a contest, I just can't pull the trigger. I've put in a lot of time and effort with a ton of experimentation, time and money to get to where I am at to give it away for free. Kudos to those who do, though.

Wild Hog,
I have had some great scores on presentation - 9's across the board a few times, but I'm not one to share photos of turn-in's, contest recipes, etc, sorry.
While I love this site for information sharing, when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what a team does to set themselves apart from the rest at a contest, I just can't pull the trigger. I've put in a lot of time and effort with a ton of experimentation, time and money to get to wanybodyhere I am at to give it away for free. Kudos to those who do, though.

i'm on board with that harley.

i'm personally still at a level where sharing my stuff aint gonna make or break anybody, but might help out a rookie team a little bit.

so, i figure, why not?

Wild Hog,
While I love this site for information sharing, when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what a team does to set themselves apart from the rest at a contest, I just can't pull the trigger. I've put in a lot of time and effort with a ton of experimentation, time and money to get to where I am at to give it away for free. Kudos to those who do, though.
I UNDERSTAND, HERE IS A 1ST PLACE BRISKET TROPHY, BUT NO PIC OF THE BOX TO GO WITH IT:heh:

Attachments

• trophy1.jpg
    trophy1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 554
Hog Wild BBQ, please turn off the caps lock. Posting in all caps is considered shouting in Internet forums. plus, it's harder to read.

For those of you willing to post you boxes, thank you. Could you also please post how the box finished and the appearance scores if you remember them?

So you expect people to show you theirs but, you won't show yours. OK???

I thought the same thing. I'm in a very early learning stage, and don't really have any "secrets" of my own yet so I don't mind sharing, but after seeing that post I sure wish I wouldn't have obliged his original request. What ever happened to the delete button?

i thought the same thing. I'm in a very early learning stage, and don't really have any "secrets" of my own yet so i don't mind sharing, but after seeing that post i sure wish i wouldn't have obliged his original request. What ever happened to the delete button?
here is a preview of a practice brisket

Attachments

• SHOWDOWN4.jpg
    SHOWDOWN4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 382
Hog Wild BBQ, please turn off the caps lock. Posting in all caps is considered shouting in Internet forums. plus, it's harder to read.

For those of you willing to post you boxes, thank you. Could you also please post how the box finished and the appearance scores if you remember them?
sorry ron. i just turned my caps off:doh:

Back