First time beef short ribs (pr0n)

rikun

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi there,

Finally my go-to meat supplier has beef short ribs in stock here in Finland. So naturally I just had to try them out. Unfortunately(?) they are from chuck, plate short ribs seem to be what everyone is raving about...

Did them like a brisket, 300 F, SPOG until probe tender. To my surprise they probed tender already after four hours. I was mentally prepared for a longer cook :becky:

They were really tasty, but very heavy eats. What kind of sides would you recommend with something this heavy and greasy?

Mmmmmm Looks Good. I like Spanish Rice and Ranch Style Beans with them.

Those look delicious!
Beef ribs are my favorite, they are pretty rich. I usually go for one rib with a side of cold beer. :-D

They look great, we usually have ours with pan fried green beans and brussel sprouts.
done in butter and squeezed lemon over it

I like something with a good bit of acid to help cut through all that fat - a pasta salad, brined veggies, that kind of thing.

Nice looking beef ribs. We like Brussels sprouts or a vinegar based coleslaw with ours. Of course cold beer is a given as well.

Beef ribs are great. Never made them from the chuck but, they look like they turned out well. I find mine to cook faster than expected as well.

It's hard to go wrong with a tangy slaw to cut through the fat, nice bones :clap2:

Back