Edamame Zucchini Chicken Spaghetti

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Being as both my wife and I are still on WW, I’m always looking for ways to bulk up meals with low to no calorie ingredients to make them more filling. And to top it off, it’s only 3 points and it’s fairly is easy to make.

First off, here are the ingredients.

Recipe:
2 oz. of uncooked Edamame Spaghetti. (Then cooked and added to the dish)
3 large spiralized Zucchinis
2 large spiralized Carrots
2 tbsp. Rosemary infused OO
2 slices of onion. (diced)
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 15 oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes (w/ Garlic, Oregano & Basil)
½ cup of tomato sauce
1 12.5 oz. can of Kirkland chicken breast chunks.

Followed the instructions to cook the spaghetti then drained it and took it out to the side burned of my gasser.

Out on the patio I heated up my wok with the oil and put in the onion and garlic and cooked until it started to sweat.

Next, I put in the carrot and stirred. I cooked this for another 3 minutes.

Next, I put in the zucchini and stirred. I cooked this for another 3 minutes.

Next, I add in the spaghetti and stirred. I cooked this for another 3 minutes.

Next are the diced tomatoes, the chicken and the tomato sauce

and stirred and cooked for another 3 minutes.

Here it is plated up with a little Pamigiano Reggiano on top.

This might seem like a strange combination but let me assure you that it is quite good.

Thanks for looking.

How's the edimame pasta by itself? Saw it at Costco the other day.

We always try and give our kids non bland versions of food. So no white bread, pasta, standard cheese pizza, etc.

Anything that opens their eyes to new flavors is worth the price for me.

We always try and give our kids non bland versions of food. So no white bread, pasta, standard cheese pizza, etc.

Thank You Jason. It's petty good. It takes on the flavor of the sauce fairly well. You don't really taste that it's not regular spaghetti to much.
I am sure it was good!
Thank You Marty.

Cool. If anything having it taste different than normal pasta would be what I would like. We get whole wheat or some of the fancy vege pasta which they eat all day, but trying variety is a big part of how we feed the kids.

I love the zucchini idea mixed into the pasta.

Thanks!

looks great DH, we like the edimame pasta on occasion here too

That looks fantastic, Jeff! I would not say no to a plate of that...

Thanks for sharing this one. The wife bought a package of those noodles a while back, and we have been looking for a recipe to try with them. We love the spiraled zucchini and carrots as well. We'll be doing this one soon!:-D

We have been using the Aldi version for awhile, wife is diabetic. The texture is kinda chewy. We haven't overcooked them to mush yet. They are high protein so very filling. The first time we had them, I tasted some and then loaded a bowl up like I do with regular pasta, I was hurting way before I got close to eating it all.

Back