• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Elks Lodge

L

lazybonesmoke1

I have done some catering for an area Elks Lodge close to my restaurant in the past and they approached me recently to provide food for them on Sundays. They have a complete kitchen set-up but they are run by volunteers. They are not looking to make alot of money through food they make the money off of drinks, and they drink!! I didn't want to do it at first because Sundays are my day off, but some of my workers wanted more hours. I came up with a solution that works for everyone. I provide the food, whatever I have leftover from the week make sure it is weighed out and basically pre-portioned, have 1 cook there from 2-6 and have one of their people handle the cash. Last week was the first week and I sold almost $400 worth of food. $1 a plate goes to the Lodge, I pay my guy $50 cash, I get rid of old product and I get cash! You guys that do vending should look into your local Elks or VFW clubs. Try to get in maybe once a week or even once a month.

Deni

Thats a great idea Deni, glad the food isnt going to waste and gives you a clean start on Mondays.

An employee gets more pay, brilliant stimul style thinking!

we just pick up the VFW here... we did a fish fry last weekend...when i saw some of the guys thy brought from the hospital i cryed a bit. thay acted like i t was the greatist meal thay ever had. i did not make much on this but i felt good after it was done

As a Veteran and former VA Chaplain (resident) the nursing home residents of my facility looked forward to trips to the VFW, Legion and other fraternal lodges. Getting out, and having a meal outside of the facility was rare for some. They would talk about it for days (a few for weeks) afterwards

Back