MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
BobM
Babbling Farker

Default Filet Mignon On The OTG (pr0n)

I bought a 5 pound filet mignon and cut off a few medallions.
I coated them with fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt.
I cooked them on my 22 1/2" OTG over RO lump.
Simple, but they were delicious!

Spiced up.

On the kettle.

Done.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

I say yes to that! Simple is hard to teach!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
JohnHB
is one Smokin' Farker

Sorry beef fillet not my cup of tea. Very tender but little flavour. As example Waghu fillet has little demand because it has no fat (read flavour)!
If I am going to eat fillet I use kangaroo fillet but I still need to marinade to enhance the flavour.
John

Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
beercuer
Full Fledged Farker

Well, I say great cook, Bob! I'll take John's portion, please.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

I don't know, dry aged I manage to get some pretty damn good flavor! But hey, each to his own. Bobm, simple S&P is how I do them also and these look pretty perfect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHB View Post
Sorry beef fillet not my cup of tea. Very tender but little flavour. As example Waghu fillet has little demand because it has no fat (read flavour)!
If I am going to eat fillet I use kangaroo fillet but I still need to marinade to enhance the flavour.
John

Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
Budman1
is one Smokin' Farker

mmmmm.........tenderloin!

Bob
Semper Fi
Budman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
benniesdad
Full Fledged Farker

Looks good. I cook a good many of these at our house. Not my personal favorite, but it is my wife's favorite cut of beef so it makes the menu often. She also likes it her steak well done. Almost makes me cry when I do that to a filet, but what the wife wants, the wife gets. To add flavor I always make these with some sort of sauce.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
BobM
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by benniesdad View Post
To add flavor I always make these with some sort of sauce.
I have made steaks in a cast iron skillet on my kitchen stove with a Cognac and heavy cream sauce, delicious!
Hey, I could make the same sauce on my OTG!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Since your thread might be evolving into techniques: folks should try cooking the whole tenderloin and then carve after it rests. For folks that like well done, that skinny little tail will burn up about the same time the rest is black-n-blue rare. I stiil just use S&P, but you can sauce it any way you want; my personal favorite is a brined madagascar green peppercorn-cognac-cream sauce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
I have made steaks in a cast iron skillet on my kitchen stove with a Cognac and heavy cream sauce, delicious!
Hey, I could make the same sauce on my OTG!

Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Looks fantastic from here Bob!!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote