***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Feast of the Hobo - Something Cooked from the Can" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Feast of the Hobo - Something Cooked from the Can" Throwd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Feast of the Hobo - Something Cooked from the Can"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 1/29.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]BigButzBBQ[/size]
1507790_BigButzBBQ.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1514312_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1514383_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1514480_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1514760_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]High Q[/size]
1515103_High_Q.jpg

[size=+2]The BBQ QB[/size]
1515204_The_BBQ_QB.jpg

Gotta go with bluetang. Don't wanna encourage bad behavior, but had the food been acquired with a "five finger discount" the entry would have been perfect. Bluetang did say they "hit" the stores though...

Gotta go with bluetang. Don't wanna encourage bad behavior, but had the food been acquired with a "five finger discount" the entry would have been perfect. Bluetang did say they "hit" the stores though...

No thievery here, the boys found their grub out back, probably should have been a bit clearer on that. Thanks for the vote!

All the entries were great and I wouldn't be surprised by anyone winning. But for me, I think this is the first time I didn't have any indecision in my voting. Ecode I thought captured all aspects of it: true to the spirit of the category, solid recipe, challenging and creative with several items, and great photo. I give you a 10! :thumb:

The issue for me is that there are two entries I would eat, and that is about it. I am sorry Bill, yours is just not one of them, if only I had not read the thread, you were in there. I need to flip a coin.

That was a tough, tough vote. I got it down to either bluetang or ecode. Both really hit the essence of this Throwdown I think. Something about bluetang's won me over ultimately, although I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yes, I'm almost there with the Yellow Corn tortillas... especially the die cutting process I found definately Hobo-Genious. Bluey's story though, and the pics on the railway tracks though... was an absolute side splitter. And then there's e-code... wow... are you sure she's not hangin' out with the wrong crowd???

Yes, I'm almost there with the Yellow Corn tortillas... especially the die cutting process I found definately Hobo-Genious. Bluey's story though, and the pics on the railway tracks though... was an absolute side splitter. And then there's e-code... wow... are you sure she's not hangin' out with the wrong crowd???

That could very well of been Gore's supper...ya know the hot tongue/cold shoulder eat outside treatment???
Ok whadid ya do Gore...:icon_shy:becky:

I went with Gore for creativity and that plate of enchiladas looked really tasty. Are we sure those are the same ones that were in the can??? I almost went with SmokinAussie for one of the most amazing transformations I've ever seen, but I just couldn't vote for something I'm not sure I could eat. Nice work by everyone as usual.

Wooo-hooo! Enchilada lovers! Yes, that did come from the can. I was hoping it would retain the can shape a bit more, but that was not to be. Well, I'm good now. :-D Yeah, Bill did an amazing transformation. I didn't want to say anything about his that might hurt his chances at a zero, but looks like that's ruined now anyway. It's amazing what people did with this one. Quite a constraint and everyone really rose to the challenge. I must say I'm just a wee bit disappointed in N8man... where were you? :tsk: Actually, come to think of it, maybe I'm glad he didn't take part. :icon_blush:

Back