• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

blues hog

If your looking for something new and different I would suggest Staley's BBQ Sauce. I only suggest this because I'm currently working with a manufacturer in south Mo to make this for me. I don't currently have anything for sale to speak of :wink: but if you look up Freda's Redneck BBQ or In Deep Sauce at the next event we will be more than happy to sell you a jar. Sedalia is our next event or contact me via snail mail.

If all goes well it will be on the shelf by August in several of KC area stores.

Freda

I've got three cases of Tenn Red gallons if you want. I also know of a cheap place here in KC that has gallons. My own little secret. quote]

LOL is that place by Lake Lottawana?? :-D

Don't know what you are talking about. :rolleyes: They MAY have Yardbird Rub at that place of which I don't know about.

If your looking for something new and different I would suggest Staley's BBQ Sauce. I only suggest this because I'm currently working with a manufacturer in south Mo to make this for me. I don't currently have anything for sale to speak of :wink: but if you look up Freda's Redneck BBQ or In Deep Sauce at the next event we will be more than happy to sell you a jar. Sedalia is our next event or contact me via snail mail.

If all goes well it will be on the shelf by August in several of KC area stores.

Freda

Hey Freda!! Did you Cattle Call yet?

I also have a chime in. I just found out that a very good friend of mine. (known 5-6 years is also into BBQ) In fact he has his own sauce and will be at the Royal with ABS (American Barbeque Systems). I guess I didnt know him that well. It's Heffy's and it is alittle different but rather sweet so kind of main stream. http://www.heffys.com/ They won the people's choice award at the Royal last year. Not trying to make a pitch but if you like it I can get you in touch with Mike. It is also made at the same plant as Blues Hog. I personally like BH Tenn Red better.

Freda

I also have a chime in. I just found out that a very good friend of mine. (known 5-6 years is also into BBQ) In fact he has his own sauce and will be at the Royal with ABS (American Barbeque Systems). I guess I didnt know him that well. It's Heffy's and it is alittle different but rather sweet so kind of main stream. http://www.heffys.com/ They won the people's choice award at the Royal last year. Not trying to make a pitch but if you like it I can get you in touch with Mike. It is also made at the same plant as Blues Hog. I personally like BH Tenn Red better.

Hey Freda!! Did you Cattle Call yet?

WOW, lots of great new sauces out there.

Should be interesting :lol:

TIM

Long time ago, I just don't post all that often yet I read most every day. I also had a little problem with the High Tech Paperless Machine. I'll revisit the Cattle Call

anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.

I used to live around the corner from their store. This is also where I get my Iowa products for the trading post. If you need directions let me know.

I used to live around the corner from their store. This is also where I get my Iowa products for the trading post. If you need directions let me know.

I'm staying in Ankeny Wednesday night and maybe Thursday night. Will definitely be checking it out.

A friend of mine is doing some printing (t-shirts, etc)for these folks. Alice, dropped me off some of thier sauce. Very interesting. They are selling it at Dean & Deluca in Leawood, KS for $9-12/bottle.... and can't keep it in. D&D is a very high end deli - so expect to pay 3-4 less per bottle when it hits the grocery store, is what I heard :lol: I think D&D is where Jeff (Big Creek) first found his awardwinning muscavado sugar, right Jeff? Who knew a lil deli would be on the cutting edge of BBQ ..... :cool:

A friend of mine is doing some printing (t-shirts, etc)for these folks. Alice, dropped me off some of thier sauce. Very interesting. They are selling it at Dean & Deluca in Leawood, KS for $9-12/bottle.... and can't keep it in. D&D is a very high end deli - so expect to pay 3-4 less per bottle when it hits the grocery store, is what I heard :lol: I think D&D is where Jeff (Big Creek) first found his awardwinning muscavado sugar, right Jeff? Who knew a lil deli would be on the cutting edge of BBQ ..... :cool:

LMAO

A high end deli in Kansas City

Too much

They are at Smoke N Fire, too. SNF turned me down. Didn't want no Plowboys on their shelves. :sad:

I will be traveling next week to MO and will be near the Clinton area as well as KC and St Louis. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up some Blues Hog sauce in the gallon sizes. Prefeably not to difficult to find, or too far off the main hwy (will be traveling in a 37ft motorhome with smoker in tow)Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I will be traveling next week to MO and will be near the Clinton area as well as KC and St Louis. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up some Blues Hog sauce in the gallon sizes. Prefeably not to difficult to find, or too far off the main hwy (will be traveling in a 37ft motorhome with smoker in tow)Any help or advice would be appreciated.

What hiways are you traveling? I-70?

What hiways are you traveling? I-70?

Yep, I-70 mostly and also MO-7 South From Independence to Clinton.

BTW, I Pm'd you last week and haven't heard back....almost out of my Yardbird rub:eusa_clap Should I just drop a check in the mail with a note???....let me know.

Thanks,
Theresa

I have bought sauce from Hawgeyes. Never had a problem. I met bill in Philly in 2002. Nicest guy you will ever meet.

Yep, I-70 mostly and also MO-7 South From Independence to Clinton.

BTW, I Pm'd you last week and haven't heard back....almost out of my Yardbird rub:eusa_clap Should I just drop a check in the mail with a note???....let me know.

Thanks,
Theresa

PM sent. I've got a place for you on your route where you can get Plowboys, Blues Hog, TheSlabs, and others.

anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.

yep - get your landscaping materials while you're there

Decent amount of sauces and rubs to choose from.

Back