Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BrickStreet BBQ - Marietta OH June 11-12

I am in like flynn.....only have to get another 28 teams and would be an automatic qualifier, Govenor be damned

we're workin' on it..
What's this I hear about you getting another pellet pooper?

that was the one that I picked up to cook out in Kansas....Marietta will be my last cook on it....then just going with the Jambo.....Cowboy Dan gets to cook with that in Marietta since he drove down to pick it up in TX

Do you know if they got any other entries?....I talked to a few teams who said they registered in the last week or so, and nothing on the site

Our registration is going in the mail this week. Looking forward to a contest in the Buckeye state!

BTW - Is it just me or is Ohio a bit behind the curve when it comes to bbq comps. Amazed there are no sanctioned events in one or all of the 3-C's. I mean we're talking three of the largest metro areas in the country???

I'll see Becky tomorrow. I'll see if there are others she received. She's been updating the list as they came in I thought.

Our registration is going in the mail this week. Looking forward to a contest in the Buckeye state!

BTW - Is it just me or is Ohio a bit behind the curve when it comes to bbq comps. Amazed there are no sanctioned events in one or all of the 3-C's. I mean we're talking three of the largest metro areas in the country???

There used to be one in Cinci.. Don't know why Columbus and Cleveland are behind the curve.
That's why we started the Triple Crown, to help drum up interest. Maybe they'll get it together in the future.

There used to be one in Cinci.. Don't know why Columbus and Cleveland are behind the curve.
That's why we started the Triple Crown, to help drum up interest. Maybe they'll get it together in the future.

Jim Dandy in Sharonville north of Cinci??? If so Jim Emig is still doing an "open" bbq cookoff now in its 5th year. Apparently it was sanctioned by KCBS 2 years ago but promises weren't kept and many teams left unhappy. I don't know many details as I wasn't there but I live in Cinci and know Jim. We competed in his comp last year and there was some discussion about the previous year. He is a great guy and very personable - runs a pretty good store as well. I will say though, for a small open comp, last year was nicely run and Jim seemed to be going out of his way to make everyone happy.

So what does it take to organize a BBQ competition? Seems most are in tandem with other festivities? A big state championship at the fair grounds or along the river in Columbus one day would be perfect in the state capitol. The rib part of the jazz and rib fest is pretty lame!

The RSS boys are coming down to play!

Lookin forward to seeing that new Jambo Rob! :thumb:

The RSS boys are coming down to play!

Lookin forward to seeing that new Jambo Rob! :thumb:

grins, me too....I don't even get to pet her until Memorial Day Weekend....heading up to spend a weekend cooking on her....
Will be looking forward to see ya'll again bud.......safe travels....

Danny's all excited about not having to put anything on until 4am. May be a good thing.. He needs his beauty sleep ;)

Back