2 weeks to Warsaw Who's In ??

spicewine

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Warsaw will be the first contest of the year for Spice's Team Q. Hope to see some of you MOFO's there.

This KanFo will be there. I'll get to see Jeff's new rig in action this weekend in Osage. It sure is purty!!!

We'll be at Warsaw also... would love to bring some hardware to show off the success with the new smoker and make Jay proud but this week, I'm just hoping for a top half finish out of the 67 teams.

I'll be there on the judges side. I look forward to seeing you guys again and meeting those of you that I don't know.

I should be but I don't know exactly when yet. Depends on when I can get off work. It's about a four and a half hour drive from where I'm at. I'm gonna try to leave town around three.

Jay, you haven't seen a list of who's signed up for Warsaw, have you? I imagine the Master Basters will be there again. Are they a 25 team contest as far as you recall?

They must be because Josh and Tom's were too late to get in. Which is good because I am tired of them handing me my arse at contest. :mrgreen:

I didn't know Kyle and Steph were wanting in at Warsaw. I assumed they'd be at Sugar Creek instead. Too bad they didn't get in. Their group is a bunch of fun folks to be around and there's always something to learn from 'em.

The Meatheads will be there. Hopefully we can improve 2 positions from last year.

Steph and Kyle wanted in Warsaw because they were too late to get in Sugar Creek - it filled up fast!

Master Basters took it last year, we finished 5th overall. I want to improve on that this year and give them a run for their money!!

I just went back and looked at results from Warsaw last year and there's several teams in those top ten lists that I don't recognize. Jay, are most of those teams that compete in the Central Missouri area rather than the KC area? If so, any heavy hitters in there besides the Master Basters and Smokin 101?

I shore would like to see you and Sweet T come down for a visit that weekend!!:wink:

We will have plenty-o-coffee and Brother Wayne will have his machine I'm sure.

I can't wait for this weekend... looking forward to it gentlemen,.......(And Atwood). :twisted:

HoDeDo said:
I can't wait for this weekend... looking forward to it gentlemen,.......(And Atwood). :twisted:

This will be a first for me... start to finish on my own! If I screw up, there'll be no one to blame but myself! :lol: My daughter has a soccer game saturday afternoon at pork time (1:00) so my wife will have to skip this one.

Best of luck Jeff. Just remember to breathe.

Jeff-
Let me know if you need some help at turn in time. I'm bringing a friend to help out in place of my brother-in-law I usually cook with. Kim would probably be happy to run stuff in for you...

Hey Wayne.... Should I bring a second batch of Tequila to get Jeff hammered ..... I mean, to refresh the machine and draw in the concert goers? :twisted:

HoDeDo said:
Jeff-
Let me know if you need some help at turn in time. I'm bringing a friend to help out in place of my brother-in-law I usually cook with. Kim would probably be happy to run stuff in for you...

Hey Wayne.... Should I bring a second batch of Tequila to get Jeff hammered ..... I mean, to refresh the machine and draw in the concert goers? :twisted:

Thanks Andy. I'll see how far the trek is from my space to the turn-in area and let you know. Even though I tend to get frustrated, I'm usually pretty organized in most things I do so if I can keep that way Friday and Saturday, I should be OK. May need someone to remind me the low pit temp alarm on my NuTemp is NOT a snooze alarm though. :roll:

Back