What was your best BBQ-related Christmas gift you received or gave!?

B

BBQ Bros

I guess this could be considered kind of a bragging session, but...what, if any, was your best BBQ-related gift you either received or gave for Christmas?

I will humbly admit mine was a pair of $15 "Bear Claws" my wife got me from Amazon. Cheap, but man, they work great!!! Pulled a Boston butt in about 1 minute.

Also got my father-in-law a Weber chimney for his Weber kettle.

100_1304.jpg

I got a few cool BBQ gifts:

Giant Fat Max rolling toolbox for my BBQ stuff
ET-732
Mortar and Pestle
Jalapeno rack
Jalapeno corer
Burger Press
Flame Hardhat
'Smokin with Myron Mixon'

I got a STOK charcoal grill with cast iron grates, Myron Mixon's book and a dutch oven. The best was the 5.5 Qt. enamel coated cast iron dutch oven. But, the others were pretty good too.

The Bubba Keg given to me by Santa Brethren. :thumb:
Who was that masked man? :confused:

Not necessarily BBQ related but I got a whetstone for sharpening my knives...which I use to prep meat...for BBQ!!!

bragging

Well normally Me and the wife dont get any thing for each other but did this year. But if bragging you want then bragging you'll get. Because they out did their self's this year.

I received a cars package or secret Santa from another site. It contained
6 BBQ sauces
4 rubs
A chicken cupcake pan wit all the spices needed.
Also a few season mixes.

My wife heard me say I wanted to mod my Bradley and she seen a guy selling a used one and bought it for me for parts.
Also 40 silicon cooking bans
Plus a new Big easy oil less cooker
Plus 240 hickory pucks.

My daughter bought me 12 frog mats for my 12 racks in my Bradley.
Also 240 pucks for smoke.

Haven't opened my gifts from other 4 kids yet. Saturday!

But feeling awful blessed right now.

By the way sitting here watching my maverick and finishing 16 lb ham and 16 pounds of pulled pork for Saturday.

I gave out home made Limoncello...if I wasn't making Limoncello I would have been BBQing...I also gave out some smoked salmon.
Only bbq stuff I got this year was an assortment of wood chunks from sis. Nice to get consumables.

Santa didn't bring the WSM I had to sit on his lap for.:x

That was really awkward in front of all those kids.:laugh:

Oh well, tax time coming up soon....

Christmas was a total surprise, my two wonderful children bought me a Stoker power draft system. They had to pick me up off the floor. When I asked them why they bought me such an expensive gift they looked at me like I was dumb and said well Dad you realise that we benefit from this as well. Can't argue with logic. I can't wait to use this baby, Ye Haaa :grin:

Woo-Hoo!
I got a new tote full of goodies to keep my comp gear in. It had new mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, half a dozen airtight containers for my rubs and sauces and some organizational bins as well.

Guess she's tired of looking for the kitchen utensils....:thumb:

i got the wusthoff brisket slicer that slamdunkpro designed and posted on this site for sale. my daughters gave it to me, which would have been plenty, but they also tossed in a dozen pro-v1, 2 new golf gloves and the Steve Jobs book. i am truly blessed.

I mentioned what I received above.

I gave a rib roast, a turkey, and some ribs away as gifts. The rib roast smelled so delicious I wanted to dive into it, but I didn't. The family that got it enjoyed it greatly and told me that they have been ruined for all local steak houses from now on.

Received Mike Mills' "Peace, Love & BBQ". I had no idea he was so famous when I ate at his restaurant every other month. Talk about spoiled, grow up in KC then go to college 15 minutes from one of the best BBQ joints on the planet.

Back