Need opinions, please.

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Take a look at the below. Other than cleaning off the little pieces, which we did, why would this get bad appearance scores?

Attachments

• Brisket.jpg
    Brisket.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 278
Maybe cause the judges were blind!:wink:

That looks fantastic to me. I have no idea why it would get a low score. I guess after seeing so many turns in they must get really picky about even the littlest of things.

It may also be possible that it didn't look that way when they got it. Maybe it got shaken up or something.

Do judges take mishandling into consideration when judging appearance.

The meat and presentation looks good to me except the meat looks kind of shiney :?:. I don't know if you basted with something or it's the picture. If it's the picture I have no clue why it would score low.

I may be off base, but I'm not seeing much, if any, bark on top? Was it trimmed off? That makes it look unusual, somewhat like oven roasted brisket as far as I can see from the small picture.

My guess is it's not across the grain.The left end of the pieces appear to follow the grain.Aside from that, it looks great to me.

looks like it was cut with the grain but its hard to tell from that pic. it does appear to be stringy. Just hard to tell.

Difficult to evaluate the photo. The front two slices look strange. There is a dark area that has me stumped. Looks like pooled injection. Also I agree with othe remarks. It looks like it was not cut across grain. Otherwise it looks good but I don't care for shine on "cut" meat surfaces. Moist yes but shiney?

it looks like a 9 to me.. 8 at the worst.. but i think this looks good !

(btw, i know what a shook brisket box looks like and it's not pretty !!)

I wish I could shed some light on why it would score low it looks better than any box that I have turned in. I would give it an 8 maybe 9 based on the picture. What scores did it get?

Looks like it could be the point insted off the flat. That could be the stringy look. As for the scores when it got to the judges the slises could have slid so they were not evenly spaced apart. From the pic I would give it an 8.

Back