A Not-So-Fishy Trade!

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Got a call from an old friend a few weeks ago. He just got back from a successful Alaskan fishing trip with over 100# of fish; and he doesn't LOVE fish the way I do. He offered to give me a few pounds; he's sharing with the rest of his family and friends too. I, in the meanwhile had just picked up a whole steer recently and have an abundance of beef. Long story short, we worked out a trade. I gave up a 3 bone prime rib, some thick-cut T-bones, and sirloin steak. In return I got equal poundage (25# +/-) of GORGEOUS Alaskan salmon fillets and halibut fillets, all individually vac-packed! :clap: Anyone have a winner halibut recipe?!?!?

No recipe but, I've heard that halibut is some good fish for eating.
Maybe try google cooking halibut?:idea:

Good trade. Halibut is fabulous eating - delicate and flaky. Go simple: baked or broiled, with butter, lemon, S&P - don't overcook. Enjoy.

Nice! A friend gave me some Alaskan halibut a few years go ago. It is delicious simply charcoal grilled with a little butter. Much better then a fine steak IMHO.

Yup what they said. Halibut is a very light delicate flavor so go easy on it and it will reward you with a fantastic meal. It needs very little so let it's flavor speak for itself. I myself brought back fifty pounds of fresh caught, vacuum sealed and frozen solid the last time I went to Alaska.

I've got a recipie for NZ sole fillets, same species not quite as big. These grow to like 20 pound mAx.

Drizzle a roast pan with oil, SnP one side of the fillets then lay in pan, season other side .
Lay 5 to 6 fillets of anchovies on top then a good dose of capers, drizzle more oil the halved cherry TOMATOS and cover in thin onion slices followed by lemon slices and a half handful of bread runs, you can sprinkle sugar on the lemon slices to make them less sour, bake for about 20 mins covered with foil then about 10 uncovered, sprinkle with chopped parsley and parmisan last 10 mins.

Back