CyberQ WiFi Web Service Info (Super Nerdy)

Gnomatic, try right click run as administrator. If that doesn't work Rick will have to help.
Whoa! Thanks Chad that got rid of the errors. I could have swore I tried that last night while I was fiddling this stuff, but whatever, seems to be running fine now after setting it to run as Administrator.

Thanks!

It's overkill. Arduino/Rasberry PI all that stuff is great for prototyping/hobby but for production use there is to much 'stuff' on those that's just not needed. I bet with the WiFi it cost cyberq less than $50 to have built in china case sensors, lcd and all. What you are really paying for is their firmware and all the PID tuning they did. Let me know how the Android app works for you and what features you'd like to see, I can always add ideas to the list.

Finally had an excuse to update the wifi and try your app. Found a couple of bugs with alarms but otherwise awesome. The only feature I'd love is trending graphs. And I'd pay for it if it was in the play store :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

tried to down load the app to my iphone and ipad2 on both they get half way thru and say they cannot complete any ideas what i am doing wrong?

I have a new CyberQ Wi Fi that's still in the box. I was going to use it to monitor temps only. I don't need a blower control on my smoker. After reading all of this, I think I'll sell it and just use my Maverick ET732. There are some very smart people on here. Great job!

I have a new CyberQ Wi Fi that's still in the box. I was going to use it to monitor temps only. I don't need a blower control on my smoker. After reading all of this, I think I'll sell it and just use my Maverick ET732. There are some very smart people on here. Great job!
Can't send you a PM because you have disabled that feature for your account. I am still thinking about purchasing a CyberQ, if it's an unused item, I guess you are not willing to give much off?

This is a great site and a very helpful thread for issues with the CyberQ Wifi. I recently got the CyberQ Wifi and had troubles setting it up on my home network, iPhone and iPad. I discovered there are issues you have to know about if you use Apple products (which I do) and I thought it would be helpful to include solutions to these issues in this thread.

1. I couldn't connect the CyberQ Wifi to my home network in ad hoc mode. I have an Apple Airport Extreme router connected to an iMac desktop. I made sure the wireless card was turned on on my iMac. When I plugged in the CyberQ, I could see the CyberQ on the list of devices on my iMac, but still the CyberQ wouldn't connect. SOLUTION: The CyberQ can connect to only one device at a time in ad hoc mode. It was connecting to the Airport Extreme and therefore couldn't connect to the iMac. To fix this issue I completely powered down the Airport Extreme router by unplugging it. I then restarted the CyberQ and could easily connect to my Mac.

2. Before trying the above solution, I tried using my iPad and iPhone to connect to the CyberQ. Again, I could see the CyberQ Wifi on the list of available wireless networks on both my iPad and iPhone, but neither would connect. SOLUTION (Not really a solution, but the answer): Apple's iOS 6 operating system does not support anything in ad hoc mode. Give up trying to connect to your CyberQ Wifi with an Apple product using iOS 6. This information is from Damian at BarBQ Guru.

3. After connecting my iMac to the CyberQ Wifi as in step 1 above, I configured my Airport using these very helpful instructions: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135197 , and started using my CyberQ in infrastructure mode.

4. When I would use Safari in my iMac to control the CyberQ, everything worked great. Not so with Safari in my iPhone or iPad. The information on the CyberQ web page would not update (this issue occurs only with Safari on the iPhone and iPad). SOLUTION: This is an issue with Safari for iOS 6. Download and install the Chrome web browser (free!) and use it to connect to and control the CyberQ. Works perfectly!

I hope this is helpful for those who have Apple stuff.

This is a great site and a very helpful thread for issues with the CyberQ Wifi. I recently got the CyberQ Wifi and had troubles setting it up on my home network, iPhone and iPad. ....

Adhoc mode with my iPad 1 & 3, and iPhone 4, works perfectly for me, no set up issues, right out of the box. Connection easy.

But true WiFi remains elusive for me. I have not been able to connect to my home WiFi Cisco Linksys router. I have no problem accessing the router and subsequent Internet with my Apple and my MS-windows products.

Wish list:
1. An app to automatically set up my CyberQ WiFi connected to my Linksys and the Internet
2. Failing #1 above, then allow the cool CyberQ apps designed for WiFi and discussed on this site to also work in Adhoc mode.

CyberQ Wifi Infrastructure Mode SSID Case Sensitive

But true WiFi remains elusive for me. I have not been able to connect to my home WiFi Cisco Linksys router. I have no problem accessing the router and subsequent Internet with my Apple and my MS-windows products.

I just got my CyberQ Wifi and got it woking with my net as well as my the pass through so I can see it on the internet.

I had problems getting mine to work on Infrastructure mode. The problem was that I needed to set my SSID exactly as it is defined on the router. This means that the SSID on the CyberQ is Case Sensitive. Haven't seen that before but I typically don't have to type in an SSID.

Hope this helps

BBQ Remote for iPhone and Android

Hi Everyone,

We have received alot of feedback from people testing the iPhone and Android App for the BBq Guru.

I have noticed that there are alot of people trying to download and install the app from the website. If you are unable to download and install this means that the app certificate has not been signed with your specific device id (UDID).

Once the app is released to the app store for iPhone and Android this is no longer and issue. The website link is only used for beta testers.

We have received alot of feedback from some of the beta testers and we are currently in the process of updating/enhancing the app and will be releasing it to the app stores soon.

Sorry for not getting this out sooner but we were pulled away on another mobile project.

I will post some more information on the website of some upcoming features in the app. Such as a twitter like stream were people can post pictures and text of their cooks and other people who have the app will be able to veiw. You will also be able to upload the pics directly to twitter and facebook.

I will post some updated screenshots on the website when they are available. If anyone has some ideas they would like to see in the app. Please email appdesigngeeks@gmail.com

Thank You

AppDesignGeeks

My wife did not want to get me the CyberQ WIFI for X Mas so she told me to go get it and that she would be upset if I did not. So I took her advice :grin: Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it and put it on my I Phone and or computer- a Dell

I bought one for myself for Christmas. When it came, I made sure it was all there then gave it to my wife to wrap up for me.

Merry Christmas! :whoo:

Bob

Got my CyberQ working on WiFi. Could not use port 80 as required by
appdesigngeeks' iPhone app which I had downloaded at version 0.1.

Now that I am up on WiFi, I want the app

Got my CyberQ working on WiFi. Could not use port 80 as required by
appdesigngeeks' iPhone app which I had downloaded at version 0.1.

Now that I am up on WiFi, I want the app

and the previously posted URL is no longer working - IOW, I am not able to update the iPhone app.

BBQ Remote App

Hi Everyone,

We are no longer taking any more beta testers for the BBQ Remote because we have changed some stuff under the covers. Once this is available on the App Store we will try and notify everyone.

Thanks again for all of the feedback and interest in the app.

AppDesignGeeks

Hi Everyone,

I know many of you, including myself, were having issues with connecting the CyberQ Wifi to our iPads and iPhones that were on iOS6 and in Ad-hoc mode. I know for me, I want it to work in Ad-Hoc mode because I won't have an Internet connection or setup a router at the competition site.

I found a solution to get around the connectivity error!
Once you connect to the CyberQ Wifi, go into the Wifi settings on the mobile device, select the the CyberQ, and go to the additional/advanced settings. Select 'Static', set it to a static IP, say IP Address 192.168.101.50 and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.10, reboot the iPad and/or iPhone and they were able to connect with no issue.

If you still can't connect, let me know and we can chat and see if we can figure it out.

Ok y'all. I don't have near enough geek as the rest on here but I've managed to operate this guru for the past few months with your help. My problem now is the firmware update. The files from bbqguru are zipped files. Do I have to unzip before update? I'm completely confused. I've followed directions and the commands aren't working??? Anyone have screenshots or directions for idiots like me?

Hey Everyone,
Here are some screenshots from the latest version of the bbq remote app from my iphone. I have been doing some beta testing for them and the new version is going to be available shortly

I'm not aware of anything currently available for Android or iPhone, but given the simplicity of the interface it probably wouldn't be too much work for any developers that have made a Stoker app to make it work with both the Stoker and the CyberQ.

I may work on an Android app myself, but I'd rather just pay someone else a few bucks if there is something out there already.

Check out The Pit Pal. There's a thread going on the front page right now for it as well. One of the brethren wrote it. It has a section for the cyberq.

Very cool. Just finished up with firmware update and getting the guru back up in infrastructure mode. I really like the encryption option with the firmware update. I was never too nervous of my BBQ getting hacked, but you never know. For those of you having issues with getting up on Infra, make sure your using your home ip address and not the ip of the guru. I made this "brain fart" a few times before realizing what I was doing.

Back