THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ckkphoto

I live in Lewisville, about 10 miles north of Downtown Dallas. Who all lives in the Dallas metroplex?
I may have to invite yall over for a bite come January. Maybe potluck so I can tast your cooking too.

Funny, I'll be in Dallas come end of January... What a coincidence.. but business travel may make it difficult to cookup my ribs.. save me a shelf in the bandera. !

I'm in Plano and they are a few more of us around. Lived in Lewisville many moons ago. Phil where are you going to be in Dallas, it's a tad bigger than Long Island.

Only problem with a B3 in Texas is I might act responsible unlike B2. :lol:

I'm in Rockwall, just east of Dallas. Sounds like a plan to me. I'm in.
Hey Brian, did ya get your sausage made yet?

Larry

Not yet still looking for some scales. Wife was suppose to pick one up last Sunday instead she came home with a arm full of clothes. Needless to say $hit hit the fan. Got a inrteresting summer sausage recipe last week in Illinois will post tonight. If we do A Texas Bash fresh sausage is a must.

We could sit around tell lies eat sausage and get pickled.

Not yet still looking for some scales

WTF you need scales for? Also - I meant to tell you that I made a mistake about that KA mixer attachment. I told you that ya need the sausage stuffer (about $12). Forgot to mention that you also need the grinder attachment ($50)!! (in case you haven't already figured it out)

My KA came with the grinder. Need scales to get meat portions right don't I ? Share your knowledge "Oh Great Pit Bitch"

eyeball it.put it on a plate and seperate it with a drivers license.

Or buy packages that are the app. the weight you need. If you ask the butcher he will weigh out portions for you I am sure, even in a regular grocery store.

Okay, here's the Plan so far. Phil is coming down the third week in Jan, and I thought it would be fun to have him over for dinner. Then I thought it would be fun to have ALL Y'ALL (texas term) over for dinner. I was afraid to call it a Bash because I can't make a weekend event out of it due to being in school right now. So I would really like to make a long Sat afternoon out of Bandera cooking and eating and liquid refreshment. Phil is from new york, so I figure our texas winter will be shirtsleeve weather for him, and he won't mind coming outdoors with me on occaision to feed the Yes'dera. Hence the invite...then we decided to "public" and make it an opportunity for us all to get together. The more the merrier...but potluck would help...that way we can sample each others cooking and I won't have to spend a week buying and pre-preparing food for the fest.........Sounds like some of us know how to EAT!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Seriously, maybe it is time for the texas chapter to get to know one another. Hell, if we like each other, it might be fun for some of to enter a competition together just for grins.

If you can make it Bill, I will save a bed in the house for you. You are part of the fun that makes this website ROCK. My wife will just have to understand why we leave the bathroom fan ON!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

I would be good for a pork butt and some turds, brisket still needs lots of help.

I'll either smoke a salmon in advance, or country style ribs. I can do brisket okay, but I don't enjoy it much. would rather eat someone else's. Bill are you bringing the sliders?

ckkphoto said:
I'll either smoke a salmon in advance, or country style ribs. I can do brisket okay, but I don't enjoy it much. would rather eat someone else's. Bill are you bringing the sliders?

If you tell me you got the freezer space, I'll send you a case.

Just dont give them to Phil. He detests the frozen variety. Fark him. Let him stand in line when beat him to the shitter after a couple.

Buy a butt or fark it ? Anyway how you know how much to season if you don't know what the bastidge weighs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back