Pron from a few cooks over the last week or so.

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Finally scored a tri tip at SAMS. seasoned it up with montreal steak seasoning and wooster sauce. grilled it on the kettle. turned out a little more done than we liked but not bad for my first one.

P1220057.jpg

P1220062.jpg

P1220064.jpg

P1220065.jpg

For super bowl. I did a few others Im sure and made a few moink balls and a bacon wrapped fatty. We've all seem em made so ill skip the prep and get right to the finished product. smoked em all on the WSM.

P2010073.jpg

P2010074.jpg

P2010076.jpg

P2010075.jpg

P2010077.jpg

Took em all to the party, they were a big hit. Brought along a few bottles of Rufus Teagues sauce. one honey sweet and the other spicey. Pretty well cleaned em all out.

I am happy to see Tri-Tip in north Texas!!! I spyed some at Tom Thumb on Friday. I am going to make my first attempt next Saturday....Yours looks good by the way!

FatDaddy, what did you think of the Rufus Teague? That is all I use on a fatty or moink balls. Food looks excellent. What temp do you like on a fatty?

Man! I wish my Sams would start carrying tri-tip!:mad:

The tri-tip, MOINK balls and fatty look really good:cool:

I am happy to see Tri-Tip in north Texas!!! I spyed some at Tom Thumb on Friday. I am going to make my first attempt next Saturday....Yours looks good by the way!

I find them at Albertson's all the time also.

If you have a Costco nearby, you have an almost guaranteed year-round source of tri-tip roasts in the Cryovac packages. I rarely buy any other cuts of beef as these are so versatile as well as tasty.

Found a skinny little tri-tip at the local Wal-Mart yesterday...$5.99 per pound. It stayed there!

Your's looks good!

I like the Rufus Teague sauce. I think it makes a great sauce to serve on the side. Some sauces just don't taste as good served on the side rather then being cooked on em. On the Tri-Tip i used a 50% - 50% mixture of butter and A1, which i believe i saw on one of tripfox's posts on his tritip. It was excellent.

Temp wise on the fatty. i smoked em at about 235-245* cooked it till it hit about 160* - 165*

Back