a weekend of seafood, beer & fun.....

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
0aee1470.jpg

6d39b03c.jpg

coffee for a an imperial coffee porter i brewed......

21ae76d3.jpg

496750e7.jpg

7c944c02.jpg

cold brewing coffee.....

e048ad2b.jpg

angry birds space.....

9b2fde16.jpg

turned a wine refrigerator into a sour beer refrigerator....

22d52995.jpg

three of my most prized bottles..... 08 la folie, 09 cascade the vine, original bottling duck duck gooze.....

2e16a976.jpg

alligator sausage.....

3947ee40.jpg

e77b5135.jpg

8520b1bf.jpg

84571970.jpg

7b58871e.jpg

halibut.....

983204cc.jpg

tuna marinated in soy sauce and red boat fish sauce.....

27342693.jpg

chicken with plowboy....

75d6665c.jpg

2a66d2bd.jpg

87306279.jpg

vegetable bread with parm reg, olive oil, garlic & sea salt.....

0122f3ce.jpg

a770edd7.jpg

347a89b3.jpg

aea683f9.jpg

1375063d.jpg

an after dinner saison from hill farmstead....

547345f6.jpg

You don't do boring on weekends do you? Very nice.

weekends are busy times. i needed to be doing laundry, straightening the garage, etc.... i chose the above instead! :mrgreen::laugh:

Good gracious granny, that is over the top of the top:clap2::clap2:

Fark it... Friends or not, I'm coming over next weekend... :mmph:

That's just awesome lookin! :thumb:
Cheers

very nice!!! it all looks awesome!! but those shrimp and that tuna do it for me.... thanks for sharing!!!!! Whats up with the sour beer? never seen that... whats it like?

very nice!!! it all looks awesome!! but those shrimp and that tuna do it for me.... thanks for sharing!!!!! Whats up with the sour beer? never seen that... whats it like?

it's a style of beers that are infected with wild yeast strains....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour_beer

the most common you've probably seen is a lindeman's lambic, but that's not necessarily a great example of the style. they are sour and tart, puckering. they age very well and are usually better after a few years. the classic gueuze is a blend of two, three & four year old lambics.

The VITTLES look AWESOME! :thumb: I'b be a little skeered of the burdturd brew though. :shocked: :rolleyes::laugh:

The VITTLES look AWESOME! :thumb: I'b be a little skeered of the burdturd brew though. :shocked: :rolleyes::laugh:

i just grabbed the wine thief and went and pulled a three ounce sample off. i'll bottle it next weekend. it's 8.2%, 32 ibu, english style robust porter.... i'm calling it mockhorn island coffee breakfast porter. can't wait to eat a short stack, a couple fried eggs and some bacon with a nice pint of this and a glass of the coffee to the side.

Wow, you had me with the title! Four of my favorite words Weekend-Seafood-Beer and Fun. :becky:

Everything looks outstanding! :clap::thumb:

Nice beers. I love sours and have started trying to brew some sours myself.

i haven't taken that plunge yet, but i want to. how is it working out for you?

that's five years worth of saving, so it would behoove me to brew my own, so i can actually drink some sometime.

i haven't taken that plunge yet, but i want to. how is it working out for you?

that's five years worth of saving, so it would behoove me to brew my own, so i can actually drink some sometime.

Haven't tried any of them yet. I have 4 batches going and trying to give them plenty of time. No idea how they will turn out.

Back